[spectre] Poetics of Politics--artistic and cultural practice in the current euro-political climate

ww hiu.chan at ufg.at
Tue Jun 13 10:56:51 CEST 2017

*Apologies for cross-posting*

*Poetics of Politics**
****
**23. June 2017, 10.00 to 18.30 Linz, Kunstuniversität****Linz**,
Domgasse 1, Audimax, 1. OG*

Artists, hackers, political scientists, cultural producers, educators
and students – Poetics of Politics (PoP) is an one day boot camp and
symposium in artivism, supported by Interface Cultures.

Featured speakers: UberMorgen, Monika Mokre,Robert Pfaller, Us(c)hi
Reiter,Maximilian Thoman (Future of Demonstration) .

Workshops:
Politics of Mobiles by Mario Romera*
*2057: Speculative Climate Fiction by**Julia Nüßlein & Gabriela Gordillo

Information:

Our current social order is surely reaching a critical period of its
time. With the rise of ethno-national parties and fragmentation of
European Union, authoritarianism feed on xenophobia generated by
'terrorism'. Dazzled by the hyperreality of overloading information and
sensation from media channels,we find ourselves questioning the future
of borderless and multi-cultural landscape of Europe. Is cultural
diversity deteriorating or is it a transition of new order ? Or is such
turbulent time catalysis of artistic and cultural resistance? What does
activism mean in such context?Is it a event? a desire? or emotion?

Our future is heading toward the unknown. Can we find the possible new
vision, structure, model and tool through the act of art?

Poetics of Politics(PoP) is an one day boot camp in artivism. The aim is
to interweave the euro-political discourse with multiplex roles, formats
and disciplines in terms of art, activism and technology. The program
includes symposium, temporary library as research space, workshop and
social gathering.

The symposium is composed of practitioners and theorists from a diverse
background and insights in arts and politics, imagining clarity,
narrative and strategy for the possible future. The library serves as a
hub for ideologies while passionate manifestations evolved into workshop
and performance.

Link: https://goo.gl/BuVz2q