[spectre] Agency Art

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:05:26 CET 2017

"Agency Art is art that makes it clear to the receiver via his or her body
what is at stake, where opportunities for action lie, and which virtual
behaviours he or she can actualize. It demonstrates how choices work, and
how to create patterns that retain their coherence while you remain part of
them and transform when you move within their field of action."

I have been reading Arjen Mulder‘s* article THE BEAUTY OF AGENCY ART, and I
recommand it strongly.

Often, when I talk about my artistic work I tell it’s using behaviour as
it’s material and builds on an aesthetic of trust and attention.

Agency Art gives me a new terminology that might help me think these ideas
further – I like the word because it doesn’t take any technology or medium
as it’s starting point, but puts what these make possible in the
foreground. It is art that has behavioural choices, gestures as it’s anchor
points. Its meaning is the acts made possible.

More to read and links to Mulders article :
https://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/agency-art/

Best
Annie Abrahams