[spectre] How art evolves from? Cyprus?

x misnom at spell.blue
Thu Jan 12 04:21:13 CET 2017

How art evolves from?

The sensation seems to be that presuming art has a What, might be an imagination that has no is in itself - hence, ironically is doing exactly what its aiming not to do. Being an evolving way for imagining while presuming there is a constant substance which has an "is" that is outside of its own evolution - a What - that is Art?

If that art-is-what-free sensation is given life, it is an evolving imagination. The process, or processes of evolution that are linked with art might - or might not - Be, have an is, art. Indeed, that is/be seems un-required when approaching from an evolution perspective, to the point that, it seems like "what is art" fails in a corruptive rather than a creative way.
WTF?
Check -
For a few years now, I went periodically to places that declared themselves to have art - and asked: if i was an alien, just popped by from mars, and was told there is an art in here - can you tell me where?
I asked this in biennials, in traditional art galleries, radical art spaces, museums, artists open houses, commercial art shops, and so on. What seemed like a common theme was that indeed "art" was not there, not entirely in the places that claimed to show it. The objects/projects/materials/ideas/etc., with different notions of which processes involved, were always a reflection from the processes that were the art, actually. Art seemed to escape the attempt to capture, even when the price is placed very prominently.

Can I not sense art evolves, as amovement from a contingency range into that which might not be?

Why place a value? Who am I to tell this person who is clearly consumed by their ocean depicting watercolours, whether or not this is art? I can claim to be honest and say i don't feel the sensations, but they do!
The objects might not be art indeed, but can i honestly claim the processes have no link to art? Not even to how art might have never been?

Following the search in the dead-sea area of Palestine. A search practice where that linked artists across borders in Palestine -
https://is.gd/deadseaArtists  the question of "who are the artists around here" has altered into something like: "How art is being evolved here?".
Since in Palestine I was told by various art linked people that there were No artists in Jericho, and yet one was found.
Also
during that search I have learned that the artists in Palestine are there despite an educational system that has no art studies as a subject, I became curious to find art in unexpected places and circumstances. Noticing that Cyprus is a myriad of territories with all sorts of various statuses, times and structures, informs the Cyprus art evolution search.

Cyprus?
Isn't an island a kind of an interval between non-landness, a relatively not long to cross no-water-body, and a relatively longer to cross no-water-body?
The areas within the island of Cyprus, are they kind of intervals made by cultural negotiations rather than land and water? The greek cypriot sensations? The turkish cypriot sensations? The refugee cypriot sensations?

The current idea is to search how art evolves in a few areas:

Dhekelia british army base.
(Apart from the army i understand there are refugees stranded there for many years now. Will be
interesting how art is evolving there, no?)
 https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/the-refugee-families-living-in-military-tin-huts-next-to-ayia-napa
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/03/refugees-plead-for-release-raf-base-cyprus

The ghost-town of Famagusta.
(While attracting a few art linked images, am wondering how the ghost town operates on the ground,
from an art evolutionary point of view. e.g. Do the Turkish soldiers guard some sort of a self
evolving museum, aka "ghost town"? Can it be claimed that the inaccessibility to the time frozen
area, creates a kind of own imagery with stuff like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYKC0dsrh4U -
and so on.. )

The Nicosia airport and the dog rescue cenbtre in its vicinity.
(Nicosia airport, http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2012/06/abandoned-since-1974-nicosia-international-airport-pictures/ a bit like Famagusta's ghost town, has had its fare share of art linked projects. http://cargocollective.com/cdrspapallas/Visiting-the-UN-Protected-Area-Nicosia-Airport However, it seems that the link with the dog rescue centre there is rather fascinating.

The dog rescue shelter https://en-gb.facebook.com/Nicosia-Dog-Shelter-%CE%9A%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1%CF%86%CF%8D%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%BF-%CE%A3%CE%BA%CF%8D%CE%BB%CF%89%CE%BD-%CE%9B%CE%B5%CF%85%CE%BA%CF%89%CF%83%CE%AF%CE%B1%CF%82-142096985849274/

 https://www.reddit.com/r/cyprus/comments/41j7ff/does_anybody_know_how_to_visit_the_abandoned/
is being used by tourists to produce images, memories of the airport - eg since the UN is hard on airport visits, the advice online is to organise a dog rescue centre visitation - is that an evolution in nicosia airport linked art? The centre for abandoned dogs seeking life, a refuge for them right next to an abandoned airport frozen in time..)

The village of Dali. Going on the name "Dali", and Dali's Surrealism, it seems there might be an
interest to link the village. Perhaps in a surreal way - the Dali village could be linked with Dali
the painter as possible way of making an informal, unrecognised territory of art within Cyprus's
various other - official - territories?
(World-wide, there are a few places called"dali" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dali - even on mercury. Perhaps will be cool to link these one day? Given the various territories currently - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/11/cyprus-greek-and-turkish-leaders-edge-closer-to-deal-to-end-conflict - within cyprus, it seems that perhaps imagining an adition kind of goes well with how art evolves sensation, however, this might be wrong, yes?)

Is there an island interval sensation language to be imagined and given an opportunity to evolve?

The search in Cyprus will be made through a number of days and with - hopefully - linking with other interested people online.
The idea is that activities will be critiqued and questioned by people online  and in Cyprus.

I hope to update here with an evolvable language along the lines of:
http://piratepad.be/p/cracksbetweentimeinlisbon
Which is based on:
http://ifxyz.xyz

Updated will be on this page:
http://piratepad.be/p/how-art-evolves-IfCyprusIsland

...and  its open for your manipulations as well as other ways of negotiating, arguing, critiquing and colliding. (there's a chat widget on the page as well.. ;) )

Have much fun!!

aharon
xxx

if intervalness islandness?
if islandness - not-that-which-is-prevelent-sense? (ie - not landness is more prevalent sensation around cyprus than around australia)

if sensation from prevalence?
if prevalenceness?

if pn ^ ?  -  if prevelanceness as numerical, calculable imagfination sensation?
if ^ (pvln) ^ ? - if prevelance as a rhythmic sensation from that which is imagined as a less sensed rhythmicality?
if (pvln^pn) ? - if senesations from prevelance rhythmical and calculable isolate one another as to make a sense of an overall prevelanceness?

if intervalness prevelanceness?
if (^.)(pvln)? - if bracket http://ifxyz.xyz/xyz-marks%3F/brackets.interval and caret http://ifxyz.xyz/xyz-marks%3F/caret.interval and dot http://ifxyz.xyz/xyz-marks%3F/dot.interval intervals come together to make intervalness and these hookup with pvln ?
if (^.pvln) ^ ?
if (.^pvln) ?
if (.pvln^) ?
if (.^)(pvln) ?