[spectre] UTOPOLY - playing as a tool to reimagine our future: an interview with Neil Farnan

Marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Thu Apr 27 14:46:59 CEST 2017

Sorry for any cross posting...

UTOPOLY - playing as a tool to reimagine our future: an interview with Neil Farnan

By Francesca Baglietto

The 1904 game of Monopoly was intended to show how landlords accumulate wealth and impoverish society, but today's version normalises competitive land grabbing and rentier behaviour. Francesca Baglietto interviews Neil Farnan about Utopoly - a 'hack' of Monopoly that engages people's imagination and ideas for a better society.

Tags: activism, Blockchain, currency, economy, future hack, money, monopoly, utopia.

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/interviews/utopoly-playing-tool-reimagine-our-future-interview-neil-farnan

Marc Garrett

Co-Founder, Co-Director and main editor of Furtherfield.
Art, technology and social change, since 1996
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons in the park

Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQhttp://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
Currently writing a PhD at Birkbeck University, London
https://birkbeck.academia.edu/MarcGarrett

Curating, Touring Exhibition
Monsters of the Machine:Frankenstein in the 21st Century
At Laboral, Spain until Sept 2017 http://bit.ly/2eGdpw1
Visiting other countries soon...