[spectre] Submission proposal

Emiliano Melchiorre emiliano.melchiorre27 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:03:03 CEST 2016

Dear Garret and all Spectre community,

as requested I send you all the link to my project.

http://www.remappinglove.com/

This project started with the consideration on the, unfortunately common,
way people relate on the web, especially when it comes to love
relationships, in our postmodern society. The internet is full with dating
websites where the users communicate through that fictional persona which
is their profile, with one another.
My intent was to create a space where the love relationship would have been
based, rather than on this play between these made-up characters, on
desire,curiosity and imagination.

The structure of the website is based on the book A Lover's Discourse:
Fragments by Roland Barthes (since, at that time, I was truly fascinated by
that text and I was studying its structure). Every webpage, that can be
considered as a room of an imaginary exhibition has a sentence on top of
the chat that serves as a start for the conversation, creating a sort of
agora for the lovers, where they can interact with one another.

It would be amazing for me if you all could visit and try the website, and
I'm happy to receive your opinions and critics about it.

Kind Regards,
Emiliano Melchiorre