[spectre] Leonardo/ISAST & MIT Press launch ARTECA

Annick Bureaud anikburo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:28:06 CEST 2016

Dear Friends,

A new fantastic tool and resources provided to you by Leonardo and MIT
Press. Do check it out ! You have dreamt of it, they have made it (and you
can suggest improvements !!!)

Annick
The MIT Press and Leonardo/ISAST are pleased to announce the launch of
ARTECA http://arteca.mit.edu/ a curated space for essential content linking
the arts, sciences, and technologies. The platform was built and is
developed by the ArtSci Lab at the University of Texas at Dallas.

*ARTECA is an online portal that supports the creation and dissemination of
scholarly materials exploring the intersection of the arts, sciences and
technology.* With a growing collection of nearly 200 books and 300 journal
issues, ARTECA provides scholars and practitioners the resources to bridge
the once independent fields of art, science, and technology. The full text
of *Leonardo*, *Computer Music Journal*, and *Leonardo Music Journal* are
available in ARTECA. Books from MIT Press book series include Game Studies,
Leonardo Book Series, Platform Studies, Software Studies, and Technologies
of the Lived Abstraction.

*“We’re thrilled to be working with ISAST and the University of Texas at
Dallas to expand the dimensions of scholarly publishing in the art,
science, and technology space.” says Nick Lindsay, Journals Director, The
MIT Press. “The Press has a long established history of bold
experimentation in publishing and Arteca fits that tradition perfectly.*

As the new platform develops, ARTECA aims to solve the growing problem of
ephemeral data and grey literature in art/science/technology. ARTECA will
adapt to the needs of research, file formats, and publishing.  In addition
to the published content regularly added to ARTECA, the platform will
become a home for the community of artists, curators, educators, and
researchers—a space to network and to explore the literature, ephemera, and
other working archives.

*“The landscape of interdisciplinary practices is rapidly expanding. We are
excited to embark on this new product venture with our partners as we
define the future of academic publishing for the 21st century.” —Danielle
Siembieda, Deputy Director, Leonardo/ISAST*

ARTECA is an essential resource of ephemera and grey literature for
interdisciplinary researchers and educators. ARTECA is built by members
like you by investing your feedback, content, and dollars. In addition to
the published content regularly added to ARTECA, the platform will become a
home for the community of artists, curators, educators, and researchers—a
space to network and to explore the literature, ephemera, and other working
archives.

*“The art science technology community of practice is thriving, yet we are
all confronted with the wicked problems of our times. We hope ARTECA will
enable new collaborative practices working with 21st-century
transdisciplinary social communities.” —Roger Malina, Executive Editor,
Leonardo/ISAST*

*ARTECA is an online portal that supports the creation and dissemination of
scholarly materials exploring the intersection of the arts, sciences and
technology.*

*If you are a Leonardo publication author, peer reviewer or editorial board
member we are happy to offer you free betatester access-just drop Roger
Malina an email at rmalina AT alum.mit.edu <http://alum.mit.edu>*

*We hope you will encourage your institutions to subscribe:* *Join as an
institution or individual: http://arteca.mit.edu/about
<http://arteca.mit.edu/about>*