[spectre] The artist is typing | online exhibition at Storage Un.it | September 1 - 30, 2016

Guido Segni guido.segni at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:09:29 CEST 2016

*“I thought it was internet art.But I was justtyping.”*

Dear friends,

I just wanted to let you know that starting from today I will exhibit and
perform my new online work "The Artist is Typing" on Storage Un.it, a small
online space located in a storage unit @ arebyte Gallery in London.

Whenever you want, 24/7, you can check out me , my presence and,
ultimately, my artistic aura in the intimate act of typing on my laptop
keyboard writing art statements, press releases,  unpublished poetries,
self-promotion emails, private love letters, amazon orders, google search
queries, HTML code and many other keyboard-based activities.

After all, art is life and art, as life, is what happens while you are
typing.

The online exhibition is curated by Filippo Lorenzin and will be hosted by
Storage Un.it, a small project space located in a storage unit @ arebyte
Gallery in London.

==============
*More information*
==============

September 1 - 30, 2016
http://storage-un.it/  *Arebyte Gallery*
Text by *Filippo Lorenzin*

Likely hours to see the artist typing: from *1:00* pm to *3:00* am CET

After the exhibition period the project will be then undefinitely running
at http://theartististyping.com

===============
*About Guido Segni*
http://guidosegni.com
================

With a background in Hacktivism, Net Art and Video Art, *Guido Segni*,
lives and works somewhere at the intersections between art, pop internet
culture and data hallucination.

Mainly focused on the daily (ab)use of Internet, his work is characterized
by minimal gestures on technology which combine conceptual aproaches with a
traditional hacker attitude in making things odd, useless and dysfunctional.

In quite recent years he moved from an identity to another producing works,
actions and interventions under pseudonyms, collectives and multiple names
(Dedalus, Clemente Pestelli, Guy McMusker, Angela Merelli, Anna Adamolo,
Guy The Bore, Umberto Stanca, Silvie Inb, Fosco Loiti Celant, Guru Miri
Goro, Leslie Bleus, Luther Blissett).

Co-founder of Les Liens Invisibles , he exhibited in galleries, museums
(MAXXI Rome, New School of New York, KUMU Art Museum of Talinn) and art &
media-art international festivals (International Venice Biennale, Piemonte
SHARE Festival, Transmediale).

Currently he teaches at the Accademia di Belle Arti of Carrara, directs the
imaginary REFRAMED lab and he is part of the editorial committee for
DESERTO online magazine.

================
*About Storage Un.it*
http://storage-un.it/
================

*Storage Un.it *is a small project space located in a storage unit @
arebyte Gallery. The space features a series of projects taking place
online and investigates the relationship
between the URL & IRL.

The space was initiated in Nov 2015 as part of 'The Wrong' the online
Biennale with the project dystrophies.com which looked at the
transformation from analogue to digital formats.

For our online residencies we have partnered with New Hive a
multimedia-publishing  platform. We provide a blank space and custom tools
to simplify the process of creating rich multimedia experiences on the web.

--
Guido Segni
Imaginary artist

www.guidosegni.com