[spectre] A celebration of twenty years on the Web: 'My Boyfriend Came Back From The War'.

furtherfield furtherfielder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:02:09 CET 2016

Sorry for any cross posting...

A celebration of twenty years on the Web: 'My Boyfriend Came Back From The
War'.

Annet Dekker in conversation with Olia Lialina - http://bit.ly/1SPNkZN

Twenty years ago, in 1996, Russian artist Olia Lialina created My Boyfriend
Came Back From The War (MBCBFTW). Using the story of a veteran’s girlfriend
who has mixed feelings when he returns, the interactive Web narrative
quickly became an iconic work that inspired many artists to create their
own interpretations of it. At the moment two exhibitions at HEK in Basel
and MU in Eidhoven, pay hommage to MBCBFTW, a tribute to a medium and a new
approach to keeping history alive.

Participating artists
Inbal Shirin Anlen, Freya Birren (Jennifer Walshe), Vadim Epstein, Dragan
Espenschied, JODI, Olia Lialina, Abe Linkoln, Guthrie Lonergan, Armin
Medosch, Ignacio Nieto, Anna Russett, Tale of Tales a.k.a. Entropy8Zuper!,
Mark Wirblich. With two new works by Constant Dullaart and Foundland
(commissioned by MU).