[spectre] WORKSHOPS || Piksel15 || Get A-Life! || 19-22 Nov 2015, Bergen (NO) ||

Piksel Infobot info at piksel.no
Wed Nov 11 20:09:26 CET 2015

Piksel15  Get A-Life!
The 13th annual Piksel Festival for Electronic Art and Free Technologies

- November 19th-22nd, Bergen (NO)
- http://15.piksel.no

-------------------

OPEN WORKSHOPS // CALL for PARTICIPANTS //

To register send an email to: piksel15 at piksel.no

To register at PikselKidZ: tiril at piksel.no
More info at: http://15.piksel.no/category/workshops

-------------------

DIY A-LIFE WORKSHOPS
http://15.piksel.no/category/diyalifeworkshops/

PIKSLO DEEP DIVING | 17 -22 NOV | 11:00 ­ 16:00 | BIKS
http://15.piksel.no/pikslo_deep_diving-robertina-sebjanic/
Over the next 400 years, ocean noise began increasing exponentially.²
(The Journal of Acoustic Ecology) We have continued to overtake the
sound environment of the animals.  During this workshop we will explore
DIY biology, chemistry and sound. We will take field trips out to the
fjords surrounding Bergen to collect data.

DIY BIOLAB | 19 -21 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | DIY BioLab  | BIKS
Håndtverkssalen
http://15.piksel.no/diy-biolab-how-to-mix-molecular-biology-and-electronics-
as-new-performances/ DIY BioLab: How to mix molecular biology and
electronics as new performances. During the workshop we will understand
the basics of molecular and synthetic biology, construct a
full-featured kitchen based DIY BIO laboratory, perform experiments
with electronics.

R LANGUAGE  | Thursday 19 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | S12 Galleri
http://15.piksel.no/r-language-a-powerful-tool-for-environmental-data-analys
is-cristian-mong/
R language, a powerful tool for environmental data analysis. R
statistical environment language can be applied to biological data
analysis. How to use R for performing statistical analysis relevant for
molecular biologists. How to perform simple sequence analysis with R.
An essential overview of biological network analysis and the highly
popular enrichment analysis of gene lists.

BIO VORTEX | Saturday 21 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | ØSTRE ­ Bar
http://15.piksel.no/bio-vortex-bio-illuminating-the-vortex-3/
The idea is to develop a hybrid musical instrument, part living part
electromechanical; it works with the natural metabolism of
bioluminescent algae as a technical system interfaced with open
source / DIY lab equipment and light detecting and sound generating
electronics.

PIKSEL KIDZ WORKSHOPS
Piksel Kidz Lab wants to bring new media art practices to kids and
youngsters with three workshops to enjoy the city.

CITY SUN! | Sunday 22 NOV | 12:00 ­ 16:00 | Ungdomshuset 1880
http://15.piksel.no/city-sun/
You will produce robotic sculptures that move by converting solar energy
into kinetic energy. Become familiar with how solar power works, and
create art using renewable energy!

CITY WATER! | 19 -22 NOV | Thur 18:00-21:00 & Sat 11:00-17:00 | S12
Galleri http://15.piksel.no/city-water/
City-Water is an engagement project to visualize water data from the
city in physical and digital environments. Young people produce their
own arduino based water sensors, and gather water data from the city.

CITY GO! | 19 -22 NOV | Thur/Fri 18:00-21:00 & Sat 11:00-17:00 | S12
Galleri http://15.piksel.no/city-go-notours/
City-Go! proposes an augmented sound experience of the city of Bergen
created by YOU. With the help of a smartphone app visitors can listen to
your stories when they walk the city.

NoTours is software by Escoitar.org for the Android mobile
platform. It uses GPS technology along with the Digital Compass of the
phone for allowing you to build interactive site-specific
sound-narratives.

PIKSEL15 WORKSHOPS @ S12, Ostre, and 1880
http://15.piksel.no/category/workshops/

FIELDS | Sunday 22 NOV | 11:00 ­ 17:00 |  ØSTRE ­ Fongaard
http://15.piksel.no/fields-2/
Smartphones are now almost ubiquitous; their built-in speakers can be
surprisingly loud. Personal mobile devices are slowly becoming a
powerful platform for live performance. The Fields system enables
musicians and composers to explore the potential of these devices for
sound diffusion. It is a distributed, open-source, modular instrument
that is fully configurable. We will cover technical aspects such as
setting up, configuration and customization of the system with WebPd.

BODYNOISE | Friday 20 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | ØSTRE ­ Fongaard
http://15.piksel.no/bodynoise-performance/
This workshop is focused on experimental body sound and performance. We
propose an electronic circuit that generates sound through contact
between our bodies>> bodynoise amp. This device transforms body
electrical activity into sound through contact between different bodies.

LIVE PROJECTION MAPPING | Thursday 19 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | ØSTRE
­ Fongaard
http://15.piksel.no/video-mapping-with-processing-maxime-damecour/
'alcFreeliner' is a open source projection mapping tool built to
improvise animations on anything in the reach of a projector. Please
bring a computer with GNUlinux/osx/win and Processing 3.0 installed; a
three-button mouse is also recommended.

EMBEDDED ART SYSTEMS | Friday 20 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | ØSTRE ­ Bar
http://15.piksel.no/embedded-art-system/
This is a free and open source multi visual modular system based on the
Raspberry Pi. The platform gives the possibility to combine many
independent devices to create a more powerful system than most single
computers can provide.

BERGEN INVOCATION | Friday 20 NOV | 11:00 ­ 17:00 |  ØSTRE ­ Lobby
http://15.piksel.no/bergen-invocation-a-sonic-reworking/
In collaboration with workshop attendees we will make recordings and
conduct rituals in sites selected for their geological and historical
salience. Inexpensive self-made technologies for environmental sensing,
sonification, and parodies of fitness tracking devices will accompany
us. Microcontroller-based algorithmic sound file playback devices will
be created as part of a sculptural mapping of the body of materials
collected.

COCICLO| Friday 20 NOV | 14:00 ­ 17:00 | Ungdomshuset 1880 KAFÈ
http://15.piksel.no/cociclo-workshop-and-installation/
In this performative workshop, the participants will assemble an
electronic circuit that translates Carbon Monoxide (CO) concentrations
into audible sound. The design consists of an Esp8266 based circuit, a
CO sensor and a piezo element that enables the sonification,
geolocalization and visualization of collected data on a community map.

--
more info and complete festival program:
http://15.piksel.no

Piksel15 is supported by The Norwegian Art Council, Bergen
Municipality, Hordaland County, PNEK, BEK, EEA NORWAY Grants.

PIKSEL :: FREE AS IN ART!
Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with
free and open technologies in artistic practice.
Part workshop, part festival, it is organized in Bergen, Norway, and
involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging
ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops,
performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free
technologies & art.