[spectre] suggestions of free radios/illegal stations from the rave scene era?

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:02:31 CEST 2015

We are currently developing this series about free radio stations
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/radioactivity-tag

 <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/radioactivity-tag>

We’ve published already two instalments, one about the Italian Radio Alice
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/radio-alice-franco-berardi/capsula and the
other about the French Radio Tomate
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/radio-tomate-francois-pain/capsula (where
Guattari was involved). The mini-series is an introduction to the free
radio movement that sprung up in several countries in the seventies as a
way of giving voice to actors who were outside the media establishment: an
alternative to the dominant narrative that can also be seen as precursor of
the horizontal rhizome structure of digital networks.

*And we want to look into the rave pirate radio scene (free radios, free
parties, illegal stations, etc). If you know someone who was involved in
that radio scene back in the day, we'd love to talk to them! Any ideas?*

*Many thanks!*
*Radio Web MACBA*