[spectre] Light is my Business. Art, Science, Technology and the City YASMIN discussion

Annick2 abureaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:55:48 CEST 2015

Light is my Business ; Art, Science, Technology and the City
YASMIN discussion

The YASMIN ( Your Art Science Mediterranean International
Network:
is
pleased to announce a discussion

Light is my Business ; Art, Science, Technology and the City

Join the YASMIN Mediterranean list
http://estia.media.uoa.gr/mailman/listinfo/yasmin_discussions
or
follow our blogposts: http://yasminlist.blogspot.com/

Guillermo Munoz and Roger Malina thought we would do a
different kind
of YASMIN discussion impulsed
by this year's “International Year of Light and Light-based
Technologies
that the 68th Session of the General Assembly of the United
Nations
(UN) adopted.

Guillermo Munoz is a nano-scientist deeply involved in the
arts, and
Roger Malina

is an astrophysicist.  The manipulation of light is our
business.

This theme is also the theme of The 2nd Art, Science, City
International Conference 201 in Valencia this coming October

which will bring the art, science and technology community
together
around problematics of the build urban
environment.http://www.artsciencecity.com/?lang=enThe
deadline for
abstracts is April 6 !!

We will also be holding a YASMIN meeting during the conference
organised by Guillermo Munoz

We look forward to your contributions to the YASMIN discussion
beginning next week

http://estia.media.uoa.gr/mailman/roster/yasmin_discussions

Roger Malina and Guillermo Munoz

The 2nd Art, Science, City International Conference 2015 aims to
promote interdisciplinary research on techno-scientific
culture in
contemporary societies and its impact on the ways of life,
paying
special attention to the impact of imaging technologies in urban
contexts.The conference is organized by the Master of Visual
Arts and
Multimedia of the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV)
and the
University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko
Unibersitatea (EHU)
to encourage and develop research projects that contribute
to bridge
the gap between academia, professional practice and
citizens, and also
between science and humanities.

This second edition of the conference offers an
interdisciplinary
forum to discuss the most relevant experiences around the
relationship
of art + science + city, placing light as the transversal
structure.
Light understood from the complexity of its dual nature
(wave-particle) both in technological applications and
theoretical
discourse; recognising light-based technologies and
innovations that
are transforming communications, energy resources, new
methods of
medical diagnosis and treatments, and their influence on our
culture
and ways of visualization. That is why we propose as a
general topic:

Light, more light ! = Visuality :: Energy :: Connectivity

The choice of the conference theme comes from the resolution
of the
68th Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations (UN)
adopted on December 20, 2013, proclaiming 2015 as
“International Year
of Light and Light-based Technologies” (IYL 2015).
Taking
these themes
as reference, the congress will be structured around four
thematic
panels, and the Creative Room, that will host the speakers’
dissertations.

Panel 1: Light [+] Visuality
Panel 2: Light [+] Energy
Panel 3: Light [+] Connectivity
Panel 4: Light [+] Light/Light + Darkness

Creative Room: Spectrum:: Light/Art [+] Science [+] City
Light [+] Innovation :: Technology Demonstrations;
Information Boards

Light [+] Innovation aims at providing all ASC Conference
participants
with the opportunity to meet companies and research
organizations
which are actively developing light-based technologies. It
will be a
space for technology demonstrations and information boards
which will
encourage and facilitate the meeting of universities,
business, local
associations and institutions.