[spectre] Praying for Seiko Mikami (1961-2015.1.2)

yukiko shikata stoicomedia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:26:53 CET 2015

To: friends of Seiko Mikami

Seiko Mikami, an Internationally-acknowledged artist and professor of
Information Design Department at Tama Art University, Tokyo suddenly passed
away of cancer with the age 53 on January 2nd.

We express our very deep sorrow and grief over her.

http://www.idd.tamabi.ac.jp/art/obituaries/20150113/

    *     *     *
Seiko started her career in 1984 with huge installations to express
 "Information Society and Body". In 90s she lived and studied in NY, and
since 1995, has actively produced cutting-edge interactive works at Canon
ARTLAB, NTT InterCommunication Center[ICC), and since 00s at YCAM, her
works have been shown in many countries worldwide.

http://www.idd.tamabi.ac.jp/~mikami/artworks/index.html

Seiko was a charismatic and energetic, at the same time very frank and
communicative, and had always various people around her.

We believe Seiko will alive vividly in our memories and keep inspiring us.

Kazunao Abe, Sota Ichikawa, Yukiko Shikata
January 13rd, 2015