[spectre] Painting with Data: A Conversation with Lev Manovich

furtherfield furtherfielder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:35:06 CET 2015

Sorry for any cross posting...

Painting with Data: A Conversation with Lev Manovich

By Randall Packer.

While big data has infiltrated our everyday lives, Lev Manovich and his
collaborators have explored the data of everyday life as a window on social
transformation. We discuss his latest work: The Exceptional and the
Everyday: 144 Hours in Kiev, a portrait of political upheaval in the
Ukraine constructed from thousands of Instagram photos taken over a six day
period during the revolution in February of 2014.

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/interviews/painting-data-conversation-lev-manovich