[spectre] [HMKV] Preview World of Matter / Video of the Month: Florian Hofnar Krepcik

Arns HMKV Inke inke.arns at hmkv.de
Thu Feb 13 18:35:34 CET 2014

© labor b designbüro

Dear Spectres,

in January we concluded our NEW INDUSTRIES FESTIVAL programme at Dortmunder U, including a conference, performances, a film program, matinées and guided tours - and already now our next exhibition opening is just around the corner:

World of Matter – On the Global Ecologies of Raw Material is part of an international research project dealing with global movements of matter and resources. We cordially invite you to join us to celebrate the opening on 28 February 2014 at 7 pm!

Also starting in March, we are introducing a new format in our exhibition venue: The series HMKV Video of the Month presents a selection of recent video works by international artists in monthly intervals. The series kicks off with Florian Hofnar Krepcik's video Is this real love? Of course not!, winner of the TENT Academy Award 2013.

Further information on our programme can be found below and on our website www.hmkv.de.

We are looking forward to seeing you!

--

01 March 2014 – 22 June 2014
WORLD OF MATTER –  On the Global Ecologies of Raw Material

Opening:
Friday, 28 February 2014, 7pm
HMKV at the Dortmunder U (3rd floor)

World of Matter is an international research, exhibition, and online project investigating primary materials and the complex ecologies of which they are a part. The exhibition presents aesthetic and ethical approaches to the handling of resources, while challenging the anthropocentric assumption that the planet’s materials are primarily a resource for human consumption. The newly produced works engage mining in Brazil, oil extraction from Canada’s tar sands, rice and cotton production in southeast Asia, land reclamation in Egypt, fishing in the North Sea, the sugar trade in Nigeria, and coal mining in the Ruhr.

Artists: Ursula Biemann (CH), Mabe Bethonico (BR), Elaine Gan (US), Uwe H. Martin & Frauke Huber (DE), Peter Mörtenböck (UK) & Helge Mooshammer (AT), Emily Eliza Scott (US), Paulo Tavares (BR), Lonnie van Brummelen & Siebren de Haan (NL)

More information:
http://www.hmkv.de/_en/programm/programmpunkte/2014/Ausstellungen/2014_WOM_World_of_Matter.php

--

01 - 31 March 2014
HMKV Video of the Month

A film completely shot in a videogame, in which a lot of (almost) accidents and crashes occur creating a poetic choreography. Divided into seven musical themes Krepcik transforms the virtual game-world into a cinematographic film of philosophical and poetical signification.

More information:
http://www.hmkv.de/_en/programm/programmpunkte/2014/Ausstellungen/2014_Video_des_Monats.php

------------------
Dr. Inke Arns
Artistic Director
Hartware MedienKunstVerein (HMKV) at the Dortmunder U
Leonie-Reygers-Terrasse, 44137 Dortmund
Office: Hoher Wall 15, 44137 Dortmund, Germany
T + 49 - 231 - 496642-0
F + 49 - 231 - 496642-29
info at hmkv.de

WORLD OF MATTER