[spectre] "Now I Can Help Myself" - The 100 best Internet video tutorials at HMKV

Arns HMKV Inke inke.arns at hmkv.de
Sat Dec 27 13:41:22 CET 2014

Dear Spectre,

for example, I completely forgot to post something about this exhibition on this list in the summer. This is for the record!

The playlist of the "100 Best Internet Video Tutorials" can still be accessed via HMKV's website. There's also a photo documentation of the show as well as an exhibition guide (PDF) which can be downloaded.

Have fun!!!

All the best,
Inke

---------------------

„Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst“ (Now I Can Help Myself) - The 100 best Internet video tutorials
Hartware MedienKunstVerein (HMKV)
at the Dortmunder U
5 July - 31 August 2014

Today, in the age of do-it-yourself (DIY), the Internet video tutorial has become what the German book series “Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst” (Now I Can Help Myself) once was for the car enthusiast. From profane problems with installing printer drivers and tying shoelaces to putting on makeup—or building weapons—the Internet has an instruction manual and help available for almost everything nowadays. How-to videos have become a major phenomenon in the DIY culture. The exhibition shows a selection of the 100 funniest and most absurd, exciting, uncanny, and amusing video tutorials online.

The exhibition is based on an idea by Dr. Inke Arns (Curator and Artistic Director of the HMKV); the selection of the videos came about in cooperation with a seminar conducted by the Department for Cultural Reflection at the University of Witten/Herdecke (directed by Jun.-Prof. Dr. Christian Grüny and Frederik Bury).

Comprehensive information about the exhibition including the playlist is available on our website.

http://www.hmkv.de/_en/programm/programmpunkte/2014/Ausstellungen/2014_Jetzt_helfe_ich_mir_selbst.php

------------------
Dr. Inke Arns
Artistic Director
Hartware MedienKunstVerein (HMKV) at the Dortmunder U
Leonie-Reygers-Terrasse, 44137 Dortmund
Office: Hoher Wall 15, 44137 Dortmund, Germany
T + 49 - 231 - 496642-0 (direct line -11)
F + 49 - 231 - 496642-29
M + 49 - 176 - 430 627 93
www.hmkv.de
www.facebook.com/hartwaremedienkunstverein