[spectre] Gandhi Get Your Gun!

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Tue May 28 21:12:02 CEST 2013

 *  Arizona Consolidated Services Launches Quality Spring AC
Tune up Services At $34.95
 *  All Around Roofing, Inc.
 *  Getting exposed to toxic waste hampers kid's
health - jellypharmacy.com
 *  Craft Beer Magazine is Covering the Revolution of
American Craft Beer
 *  Moving? Getting Charter Cable Services Has Never Been
Easier
 *  How much vitamin D is required by infants? -
Kamagramart.com
 *  Choosing a Honolulu Shipping Company
 *  Essential Tips & Gear To Carry During Your Spring
Adventure
 *  VythiriVillage.com: The Best Spa Resort in Wayanad,
Kerala
 *  Bailed Out Bail Bonds Now Offers 5 Minute Bail Process
and Signature Bail Bonds

Kunhi Muhammed and his life in the island surprised me a
lot. From the Indian state of Kerala, he is completing 25
years in the island as a caretaker of an old coastal resort
uninhabited with a vast area of lifeless plain. He is riding
a 50% corroded (due to the interaction with the sea) 1985
model Land Cruiser. It still runs 50 km per hour.

He speaks to the fish in the sea and to gazelles that appear
in the beach at dawn. A Saudi version of Robinson Crusoe.

Science and Technology serves museums in a variety of ways:
from the technical examination of artist's methods and
materials; to informing decisions on safer ways to exhibit,
store, and transport art; and finally to investigating new
conservation methods that are safer or more effective. All
museums benefit from the application of science in some way.
Modern and contemporary art poses specific challenges for
two different reasons: the media the artists can draw from
is more varied than any other period in history and the
works are all young in age. These aspects can make a
conservator's job easy or extremely difficult. They can also
help improve our understanding of how works by Old Masters
may have changed. Since conservators of contemporary art are
often the first to treat an object it is particularly
important treatments are always carefully considered and
well informed and science can play a major role in that
regard.

Indigenous communities in remote areas of Brazil have begun
to recognise that they have the right to not be hungry, and
are learning that food security means much more than simply
having food on the table. Rosileia Cruz, 19, dreams of
studying journalism. She chooses her words carefully

 A knife-wielding bandit slashed a young Hamilton soldier's
hand as the trooper tried to hold onto $4,500 cash intended
for Canadian military families.

Hamilton police said the soldier was robbed as he left his
home on Erie Avenue at 10 a.m. Thursday.

The 22-year-old was confronted by a "scraggly-looking" man
who asked for money, then pulled a knife. In the fight that
followed, the soldier was cut and dropped a pouch containing
the cash, which the bandit grabbed.

"The suspect looked inside and then ran off," said police
Sergeant Terri-Lynn Collings.

The victim who was wearing a Help For Heroes t-shirt was
said to have been attacked by two men armed with knives,
including a machete and a meat cleaver.

What questions do you have about the job?
Why would you be great for this job?
What days and hours you are available?
How do you describe your attention to detail?
What is a "sense of urgency" mean to you?
Why did you leave your last two jobs?
How long you would see yourself at this job?
What type of car do you drive?
Optional question: Tell us about your favorite pet; hobby;
and food-group!

Gentlemen: Has there been any indication from your readers
of the scarcitty of butterflies this year? In this area
which is usually quite prolific, I have seen practically
none with the exception of a few flights of Fritillaries.
Since March I have seen but one example of an Apantesis
virgo, no Catocala caras at all, veryfew Swallowtails, one
Queloia, no Peacock's Eyes, no Hipposcatics, and not even a
sinclge Red Admiral in my garden, which last summer was
teeming with butterflies. I wonder if this scarcity is
widespread, and if so, what is the cause of it? M. Wasbourn

/:b