[spectre] No entry fee, no jury.

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Fri May 24 13:12:46 CEST 2013

  We stand helpless before the corporate onslaught. There is
no way to vote against corporate power. Citizens have no way
to bring about the prosecution of Wall Street bankers and
financiers for fraud, military and intelligence officials
for torture and war crimes, or security and surveillance
officers for human rights abuses. The Federal Reserve is
reduced to printing money for banks and financiers and
lending it to them at almost zero percent interest;
corporate officers then lend it to us at usurious rates as
high as 30 percent. I do not know what to call this system.
It is certainly not capitalism.  Extortion might be a better
word. The fossil fuel industry, meanwhile, relentlessly
trashes the ecosystem for profit. The melting of 40 percent
of the summer Arctic sea ice is, to corporations, a business
opportunity. Companies rush to the Arctic and extract the
last vestiges of oil, natural gas, minerals and fish stocks,
indifferent to the death pangs of the planet.

Your request to the SPECTRE mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "lucinda"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave
the following reason for rejecting your request:

"No reason given"

$600 SINGLE MOM IN DIRE NEED (vancouver)
HELLO, THANK YOU FOR READING.. I AM A SINGLE MOM NEW TO AREA
ON FIXED INCOME IN THE FORM OF TANF. RECENTLY RELOCATED AND
NEED AN APT THAT WILL WORK WITH MY POOR CREDIT/RENTAL
HISTORY DUE TO PREVIOUS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ISSUES. IF YOU ARE
A OWNER OR KNOW OF AN OWNER THAT MIGJHT BE ABLE TO WORK WITH
ME PLEASE MESSAGE ME. . THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME I AM
AT RISK OF BEING HOMELESS WITH MY 16YR OLD SON AND 2YR OLD
GRANDDAUGHTER, IF U CAN ASSIST ME IN ANY WAY PLEASE RESPOND,
THANK YOU AND BE BLESSED.

On Monday, Guatemala's Constitutional Court overturned the
conviction of former dictator Efran Ros Montt, an army
general who ruled as de facto president from 1982 to 1983.
On May 10, Ros Montt, 86, was found guilty by a three-panel
tribunal on charges of genocide and crimes against humanity,
and sentenced to 80 years in the slammer;  he is the first
former head of state in the Americas to stand trial for
genocide. But less than two weeks later, Guatemala's highest
court threw out all proceedings in the case dating back to
April 19, in part thanks to an aggressive lobbying effort by
the nation's most influential business federation.

My order came next. Hidden inside fluffy yet crisply fried
thin breading were the mahi-mahi slices, artistically
served. Yet another surprise! The mahi-mahi had sweet,
mildly pronounced flavors that were further enhanced when
dipped into white sauce, soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
The mahi-mahi was served with strips of fried locally
produced sweet potatoes, lemon and cucumber slices.

Selected work by the graduating Masters of Fine Arts
students from the University of California, San Diego's
Department of Visual Arts

Featuring:
Jamilah Abdul-Sabur
Ela Boyd
Misael Diaz
Adrienne Garbini
Jesse Harding
Edward Kihn
Sam Kronick
Benjamin Lotan
Frankie Martin
Rebecca Monarrez
Nina Preisendorfer
Daniel Rehn
Emily Sevier
Allison Spence
Josh Tonies

Curated by Melinda Guillen and Samara Kaplan, PhD students
in Art History, Theory & Criticism, UCSD Department of
Visual Arts

/:b