[spectre] The London Situation: We Have A Situation!

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Mar 12 12:49:04 CET 2013

Sorry for any cross posting...

The London Situation: We Have A Situation!

Date: 19-23 March 2013
Venue: Furtherfield Gallery
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery/visit

We have a situation! is a series of live, trans-border, online-offline
participatory performances addressing current cross-cultural European
issues and concerns. Between March and May 2013 four "situations" will
be created in four countries - France, Netherlands, UK and Austria. For
the London Situation the focus will be on electronic waste.

What is We Have A Situation! going to be in London?

A 4 day workshop exploring the problem of e-waste and the creative
potential of digital and online technologies, culminating in a networked
event on Saturday 23 March for a local and online audience. The event
will be streamed live through the UpStage platform with an online
discussion about e-waste between Furtherfield Gallery and kunstGarten
Graz (AT) at the end of the event.

What will happen?

- Research the issue of e-waste in your local area
- Experiment with digital technology in live performance
- online spaces, web cams, graphics, animations and sounds...

Collaborate with artists:

Helen Varley Jamieson - http://www.creative-catalyst.com
Tom Keene - http://www.theanthillsocial.co.uk
Bright Sparks, a local recycling/fixing/making project -
http://www.brightsparksonline.com/

- Learn about online audience interaction and online-offline discussions
- Develop and present a 20 minute performance about the problem of e-waste.

For more information
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/event/london-situation

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield