[spectre] "Scanner Darkly" audiovisual installation - opening Sun. 27.01.13

Manuela Benetton manuela.benetton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:17:11 CET 2013

With Apologies for Cross-Posting

*"Scanner Darkly"*
An audiovisual installation
by Pierce Warnecke
Teaser: https://vimeo.com/55022819

UdK Meisterschueler Project/ as part of Transmediale P2P Vorspiele

*Opening on Sunday Jan 27th 18h
*
Project space Liebig12
Liebig Str 12, Friedrichshain (U Frankfurter Tor)

  In order to better understand us, a machine of non-human origin appears
in our reality. Its function is to study the peculiarities of its new
surroundings, and this unique position as an external observer results in
an imaginary objectivity presented as sonic and visual pieces. To
comprehend its new Umwelt, the Machine creates models of what it
experiences in our reality: complex interacting systems, cycles of creation
and destruction and fragile balances between stability and chaos.