[spectre] Digital Zoo - OPEN CALL Furtherfield Commission interactive mobile artwork

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Dec 13 13:19:17 CET 2013

Sorry for any cross posting...

Digital Zoo - OPEN CALL Furtherfield Commission interactive mobile artwork.

Deadline 5pm 6 January 2014

http://furtherfield.org/blog/furtherfield/furtherfield-open-call-digital-zoo-commission

Commission Award: £2,000

Deadline 5pm 6 January 2014
?Launch: 11 February 2014

We are commissioning a new interactive mobile artwork to feature in
Digital Zoo, an art exhibition that will tour to 6 shopping centres
across the UK in 2014.

In this exhibition shoppers will be invited to experience the wonders,
delights and fascinations of contemporary life in the "world wild web" -
through art installations, projections and workshops.

The commission will be a new or existing work that engages people
through their mobile phones -- taking the everyday activities and
environments of the different shopping centres as their context and
playground.

The commissioned work will need to have a distinctive character in each
different location.
We are interested in critical and playful works that change shoppers
normal experience by connecting them with each other in unusual ways in
their natural habitat -- momentarily or for ever.

The work may take the form of an app, a game, an interactive sms, a
treasure hunt, citizen documentary or choreography, psychogeography or
ethology. It should work well across all mobile devices to enable the
widest possible participation and would ideally include some interface
that makes visible the live interaction.

Why Digital Zoo?
A trip to the zoo is still considered a good day out for all the family-
its unique mix of experiences and encounters- surprising, smelly, tragic
and beautiful.
?By exchanging personal information with increasing frequency in every
moment, on the move, we perform our daily digital lives in public for
each other, as if in a public zoo. We are the animals and the visitors,
the hunters, trackers, observers, naturalists, zoo-keepers, and
educators and pundits.

?The social effects of this collective public performance are still
unknown. Digital Zoo invites everyone to take a few moments out from
their shopping to marvel at the new ecology of human and digital
behaviours as they come into existence.

Digital Zoo is curated and produced in partnership with CultureCode and
Land Securities.
Digital Zoo is supported by Arts Council England through the Strategic
Touring Funding Scheme.

More about the Digital Zoo Touring Show

Commission Award: £2,000

Key dates
Deadline for application: Monday 6 January 2014, 5pm
Announcement: Monday 13 January 2014
Production period: 15 January -- 10 February 2014
Delivery: 11 February 2014
Launch: 13 February 2014
Public opening: 14 February 2014

The Application Process

Please send an application in the form of a single PDF document to include:
- a project outline (600 words max), describing the artwork you would
like to deliver, your approach and how it addresses the touring
exhibitions themes.

- a CV with selected links to interactive works and relevant previous
experience.
- timeline: briefly describe how you will ensure that the project is
delivered on time
- budget: include a breakdown of all expected costs
- maintenance plan/arrangements

Send the application electronically to Alessandra Scapin at
aleATfurtherfield.org by 5pm on Monday 06 January 2014.

Please enter 'Digital Zoo commission' in subject header.

If you have any questions please contact Alessandra Scapin by email.
Applicants will be notified about the success of their proposal by
Monday 13 January 2014. Upon entering your proposal you will receive a
confirmation email. Sorry but we will not be able to offer any feedback
to unsuccessful applications.

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield -- online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery -- Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield