[spectre] Movable Borders: Here Come the Drones!

heath bunting heath at irational.org
Fri Apr 19 01:30:37 CEST 2013

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013, marc garrett wrote:

rocket firing drone vs stone throwing people

http://www.sparror.cubecinema.com/james-kennard/stone_vs_drone/stone_vs_drone.html

attack on camera systems at immigration detention centre in switzerland

http://www.bblackboxx.ch/materialien/drohnen-memory-poster/

> Sorry for any cross posting...
>
> Movable Borders: Here Come the Drones!
>
> Exhibition Opening on Saturday 11th May 2013, 2-5pm
> It ends on 26th May.
>
> Free Workshop - Saturday 18 May 2013, 1-5pm
> MOVABLE BORDERS: THE REPOSITION MATRIX with David Young
>
> The devices that once populated the creepy dystopian futures of science
> fiction have broken through into our daily reality. Drones are becoming part
> of everyday life. They scout our public (and private) spaces, carrying out
> surveillance or reconnaissance in the service of nation states and as
> unmanned robotic tools, armed with missiles and bombs, acting in defence of
> "national security".

According to a European commission document drones will be commonplace in