[spectre] (fwd) ars electronica 2013: TOTAL RECALL

Andreas Broeckmann broeckmann at leuphana.de
Thu Apr 11 17:00:04 CEST 2013

ars electronica 2013: TOTAL RECALL
Linz, 5.9. - 9.9.2013

One of science’s most coveted secrets and one of humankind’s greatest
technological challenges will occupy the focal point of the next Ars
Electronica Festival September 5-9, 2013: memory and its storage. What
is remembrance? How is information saved to memory and how is it lost—in
nature, in technology, in the future?

TOTAL RECALL is the theme of Ars Electronica 2013, a search for the
perfect memory. We’ll ask neuroscientists and computer engineers,
artists and philosophers about their approaches, about the latest
finding and their interpretations of them, and about their plans and
visions of a future in which we’ll be able to save everything to memory.

http://www.aec.at/totalrecall/en/