[spectre] WWW: World Wild Web | Exhibition at Furtherfield Gallery | 18th Oct 2012.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Oct 3 13:22:40 CEST 2012

Sorry for any cross posting...

WWW: World Wild Web | Exhibition at Furtherfield Gallery | 18th Oct 2012.

http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibition/www-world-wild-web

Artists: Paula Crutchlow & Helen Varley Jamieson, Andy Deck, Mary
Flanagan, Genetic Moo, Dominic Smith, and Sarah Waterson

To be alive is to be wild. And we humans have a will that shapes the
world with language, song, lust, labour and play. And for those of us
who connect with it, a network of machines now extends our reach,
amplifies our urges and quickens our exchanges. The artists in this
exhibition work and play with living organisms and technical things,
systems and language, to explore how our relation to the natural world
is changing. Gallery visitors (humans and dogs) are invited to view
videos, interact with art installations and social media and undertake
walks in the surrounding park with its other animals and edible plants.

Please join us for the Opening Event on Saturday 13 October 2012, 1-4pm.

The event is co-hosted with The Festival of Mint - A Celebration of
Local Growing - serving mint tea and mojito made with fresh mint grown
locally. http://blog.permaculturecollective.org/

Exhibition Dates: 18 October - 01 December 2012
Open Thu-Fri 1-5pm, Sat 11-5pm

For more information please download the press release (867KB)
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery-files/www-pr.pdf

and visit
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibition/www-world-wild-web

Free admission to exhibition and events - please check our website for
programme - http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Furtherfield Gallery & Social Space
McKenzie Pavilion, Finsbury Park
London, N4 2NQ
T: +44 (0) 208 802 2827
E: info@ furtherfield.org
W: www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change
since 1997

Furtherfield is supported by Haringey Council and Arts Council England
through the National Portfolio funding programme.

Furtherfield provides platforms for art, technology and social change.
Funded from Arts Council England since 2005, Furtherfield is now one of
Arts Council England's National Portfolio Organisations. Furtherfield
Gallery has established an international reputation as London's first
dedicated gallery for networked and media art, hosting regular
exhibitions and public events since 2004. With the support of Haringey
Council the gallery is now based at McKenzie Pavilion in the heart of
Finsbury Park.

--
Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery & Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield