[spectre] V2_Summer Sessions 2012 - Call for Proposals

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed Mar 21 15:52:17 CET 2012

*Summer Sessions 2012 - Call for Proposals*

*V2_'s Summer Sessions are brief themed residencies that allow promising
young artists to collaborate with V2_Lab developers. We are looking for
art project proposals, don't miss this opportunity!*

Submission deadline: *April 15 2012*, notification of acceptance before
May 10th.
www.v2.nl/lab/blog/summer-sessions-2012-call-for-proposals

We are looking for art projects that fit one of the Lab's three areas of
focus: wearable technology, augmented reality and ecology but we are
also open to proposals within your personal field of interest. Your
project should be conceptually sound and outline a concrete, realistic
plan. Your proposal's chance of being selected will be directly
proportional to its quality.
Each selected artist participates in an intense working period during
July and August, in which he or she develops a project from concept to
artwork, ready for presentation at a public event. We schedule the
residencies to overlap as much as possible so that we can foster an
active working atmosphere in the Lab and stimulate interaction between
artists. The Summer Sessions will conclude with Test_Lab presentations
in Rotterdam and within an international festival context.

Are you an ambitious, early-career artist with an interesting idea for a
project? Then send us your plan by April 15, 2012. To apply, submit a
video presentation of maximum three minutes in which you briefly explain
your project, the support you expect to need from the Lab, and why we
should choose you to take part in the Summer Sessions.
We have a budget to make it happen, but first send us your plan!

*How to apply?*

     .    Create a short video (max 3min);
     .    Go to calls.v2.nl and create an account;
     .    Select 'Summer Sessions 2012' and complete the form;
     .    Upload your video as "unlisted" to Youtube and paste the link
in the submission form.