[spectre] Photography exhibit with real-time processed reactive soundscapes using iPhone

Husk 00 husk00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:56:09 CET 2012

2012/3/20 Nuno Serrão | urbanistas <nunoserrao at urbanistasdigitais.pt>

> Project Paperclip is the first photographic exhibit to use real-time
> processed reactive soundscapes. By including the auditory canal, it tries
> to transport visitors to a state that gives them a different interpretation
> of of the 16 photographs.

Hi, congrats for your interesting project.
What is subject's exposition?
Not to be arrogant, but this is not " the first photographic exhibit to use
real-time processed reactive soundscapes"
I exposed a realtime  augmented photographic exibition about Palestine in
2010, during Piksel festival in Bergen. And I'm quite sure to be not the
first one to use this concept work.
In my case I used just free software and DIY hardware. No (app) Store
needed.

http://estereotips.net/palestina-frag/

cheers
husk

> The experience is unique each time it is activated as the app’s algorithm
> utilizes real-time processing of variables from the visitors location, such
> as: the time of day, the level of noise that exists in the room, your
> voice, the movement and localization of the user, amongst many others.
>
> What is being said:
> “It is subtly disconcerting, an ominous prediction of the artificial
> realities we build with the help of smartphone apps and the Internet.” *
> ReadWriteWeb*
> “The photos are surreal, especially with the pairing of soundtracks.” *
> Mashable
> *"Uma experiência única." *Vogue Portugal*
>
> “There’s still people using the technology in innovative ways.” *
> TheCreatorsProject*
>
> “Photography exhibit in Portugal is using augmented reality and QR codes
> to enrich the viewer experience, demonstrating applications for the
> technology in the fine arts”. *PSFK*
>
> “With the use of an iPhone app, photographer Nuno Serrão has created an
> all encompassing experience for anyone who wants to view his photography
> the way it was intended.” *TheNextWeb*
>
> “ (…) the concept of an app containing a portion of the exhibit itself is
> completely new and fascinating.” *Appadvice*
>
> “Project Paperclip, do português Nuno Serrão, é a primeira exposição
> fotográfica a nível mundial a utilizar Augmented Reality (realidade
> aumentada).” *Público
> *“Trippin’ – the art masters of yesteryears might also wish they had such
> technology at their disposal.” *Ubbergizmo*
>
> ** **
>
> Video of the opening (does not reflect the reactive soundscapes):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdmOHXrG8E
>
> The concept of Augmented Reality, utilizes a digital interface to permit
> the creation of a bridge between our universe and the digital universe,
> creating a mixed ambience in real time where the differentiation between
> these two realities is reduced. In this exhibition, this is brought about
> by using an iPhone, headsets and an application that is available on the
> Apple app store.
>
> To make full use of this exhibition, visitors that have an iPhone 3 or
> above need to download Project Paperclip application, at the AppStore.
> Equipped with a headphones (the better the quality, the more immersive the
> simulation will be), switch on the App and follow instructions to activate
> the soundscapes.
>
> You can find more information and test the concept at:
> www.discloseprojectpaperclip.com ****

"l'importante nella vita é avere pregiudizi a priori su tutto"
Jean-Paul-Sartre

www.estereotips.net