[spectre] Fwd: :|: March 7th :|: CiTiZEN KiNO presents "Electric Sheep Revisited" ( Berlin )

podinski podska at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:49:25 CET 2012

Dear friendly organisms,

CiTiZEN KiNO presents "Electric Sheep Revisited"
Wednesday, March 7th
at TheaterKapelle, Boxhagenerstr. 99 - Berlin
21:00h, 5€

contact/reservations: pod(at)XLterrestrials(dot)org

A LIVE mix of Theater, Film and The Net, CiTiZEN KiNO sets the stage for
you to take over the controls in the media sanitorium ! Dr. Podinski, a
psychomedia analyst from the XL-TERRESTRIALS Laboratories, slices open a
gaping hole in the screen / spectacle for entering or exiting, as you wish!

This evening's program "Electric Sheep Revisted" begins with a virtual
autopsy of Ridley Scott Inc., your own "replicant memories", the
festering Hollywood Operating System... and a little glimpse of the
celebrity sausage-making at this year's Berlinale Festival and Talent
Campus.

"ESR" takes its cue/name from Philip K. Dick's 1968 sci-fi novel "Do
Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep", better known as its Hollywood
product(ion) - Blade Runner (1982).

"The book was so much better!"- cliche doesn't even begin to describe all
the prophetic genius left on the cutting room floor ! With current events
like Fukushima, the BP Gulf oil spill, drone military technologies, and
the darkly shifting landscapes of digital culture, plastic eroticism and
the corporate takeovers at every corner of our lives, PKD's relevance to
our crisis-ridden society today has only multiplied exponentially. We
revisit his now iconic dystopian tale(s) of warning as our starting point
to address a civilization immersed in an endless labyrinth of bad media,
troubling technologies and invasive power games. And we propose a few
tactical exits, social upgrades and/or cultural re-embodiments!

Director and script : Paolo Podrescu
Art Collaboration: Camilla Graff Junior
Featuring: dr. Podinski + Special Guests

Time: 120min. (with intermission)
Languages : Eng / De

More online here / and auf Deutsch :
http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/?p=8342

Fbook invite:
https://www.facebook.com/events/191279820970299/

This will be an opportunity to build a homebase at the beautiful Theaterkapelle
- one of Berlin's best performing art labs - for our ongoing Citizen Kino and
Media Self-defense projects. More on C-Kino here:

http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/?page_id=6501

So it would be great to have local spectres' support for our premiere!
And please spread the word!

dr. podinski

www.xlterrestrials.org/plog
arts + praxis organisms