[spectre] Water is in the Air

Annick Bureaud bureaud at altern.org
Wed Jun 13 15:11:23 CEST 2012

Dear Spectrites,

It is my great pleasure to invite you to this two-day
workshop that Leonardo/Olats is co-organising in Marseille
with IMéRA.
Looking forward to seeing some of you there !
Best
Annick

----------------
Water is in the Air – L'Eau est dans l'Air

Interdisciplinary Workshop
Leonardo/Olats – IMéRA
Marseille June 25 - 26 2012

http://www.olats.org/studiolab/eau.php

In the framework of the European project StudioLab,
Leonardo/Olats, in collaboration with IMéRA, is organizing a
two day workshop on the theme "Water is in the Air".

Based on singular artistic and scientific projects involving
water as case studies, in hard sciences as well as
humanities, this workshop seeks to explore
trans-disciplinary crossings. We will be seeking to deepen
our understanding of how the large variety of art-science
collaborations function today; examining the roadblocks to
such collaborations and the new opportunities they provide.
We also seek to develop ideas for innovative ways to work
and engage with different kind of audiences and publics.

Among the axis and issues on water that have been selected:
- clouds: triggering artificial rain, to whom belongs the
water in the clouds, poetics of clouds, man made clouds;
- waves: scientific breakthroughs on the understanding of
waves formation and structure confronted to the image of
water and waves in art;
- aerosols and raindrops: the science of water in the air;
- 4th state of water.

Participants : HeHe (Heiko Hansen & Helen Evans), Jean-Marc
Chomaz, Nathalie Delprat, Monsieur Moo, Synergetica (Evelina
Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand), Ana Rewakowicz, Peter Richards,
Javiera Tejerina-Risso, Patrice Le Gal, Jacques Sapiéga,
Harold Vasselin, Victoria Vesna, et Emmanuel Villermaux.

Pecha kucha sessions within which the audience is able to
present its projects complete this two-day workshop.

The workshop takes place at IMéRA, 2 place Le Verrier, 13004
Marseille
http://www.imera.fr

It is open for free to the public upon registration within
seats limit.
To register, contact: Pascale Hurtado : pascale.hurtado [@]
imera.fr

Studio Lab Project: www.olats.org/studiolab/partenaires.php