[spectre] STUK - opening exhibition - Lüski | Azoulay | Efrat & Brutmann

Pieter-Paul Mortier Pieter-Paul.Mortier at stuk.be
Fri Apr 13 12:28:13 CEST 2012

EXPO
Aïm Deüelle Lüski
Ariella Azoulay
Eitan Efrat & Sirah Foighel Brutmann
17 April > 3 June 2012
STUK arts centre Leuven
www.stuk.be<http://mail.statik.be/t/r-l-dddiidt-tluktllik-d/>

opening | Tu 17 April . 20:00

This exhibition brings together works by Israeli artists and a curator of different generations. They all reflect on the state of photography and the political image.

Since the mid-1970s, Aïm Deüelle Lüski<http://mail.statik.be/t/r-l-dddiidt-tluktllik-h/> has invented a variety of cameras, each conceived especially for a particular phenomenon or event to be photographed at a specific historical moment. His work is aimed at deconstructing the vertical structure of photography and generating different ways of thinking about the photographic encounter. Ariella Azoulay<http://mail.statik.be/t/r-l-dddiidt-tluktllik-k/> presents Potential History, a series of photos, texts and a video on the history of Israel/Palestine. This work articulates a new way to relate to history through what Azoulay calls “potential history”. These parts of te exhibition are curated by Ariella Azoulay. STUK also presents Eitan Efrat<http://mail.statik.be/t/r-l-dddiidt-tluktllik-u/> and Sirah Foighel Brutmann<http://mail.statik.be/t/r-l-dddiidt-tluktllik-o/>s Printed Matter, a film that displays the conflation of private lives and contemporary geopolitics. Brutmann's father André was a freelance press photographer who captured images of his wife and children on the same film rolls he used to document the Israel-Palestine conflict.

open | We & Th 14:00-21:00, Fr - Su 14:00-18:00
closed on Sa 26 and Su 27 May

On Tuesday April 17 at 18h30, STUK and the departments of Art History and Philosophy of Culture of KU Leuven organize a lecture by Ariella Azoulay and Aïm Deüelle Lüski. Participants can also join in for the opening reception afterwards.

LINKS
text on Lüski by Ariella Azoulay:
http://obsprod.nt2.ca/fr/node/50112
website Ariella Azoulay: