[spectre] Farewell Pixelache!

Juha Huuskonen juhuu at juhuu.nu
Wed Apr 4 17:27:58 CEST 2012

Hello SPECTRE,

I thought this list would be an appropriate forum to say THANK YOU to
all those people I had a chance to get to know during the 10 years I was
involved in making the Pixelache Festival happen. The core crew in
Helsinki is planning to continue the activities, as well as many nodes
in the Pixelache Network. I wish the best of luck and long life for the
aching pixels!

The main project for me this year is the first edition of Open Knowledge
Festival (www.okfestival.org) which will take place in Helsinki 17-22
September. The event brings together two big international events: the
Open Knowledge Conference and Open Government Data Camp. We expect
approx 400-500 international participants for this event, hopefully some
of you are interested in this.

My main 'hobby' this year has been the Alternative Design Capital
project, www.adc2012.org. Helsinki is the World Design Capital this
year, with theme 'Open Helsinki'. The official programme sucks in many
different ways, so there was a need to set up an alternative structure.

Another new event that I'm involved in is the WÄRK festival, taking
place in October 2012 (www.warkfest.org). It's an event focused on
maker/diy culture and crafts, it's basically a customised version of the
Maker Faire.

In addition I blog at www.juhuu.nu, occasionally tweet at @juhuutweet,
and even send a newsletter once or twice per year.

Best regards,

Juha.