[spectre] How The Left (Die Linke) pockets themes

Matze Schmidt matze.schmidt at n0name.de
Tue Sep 13 16:29:55 CEST 2011

Hello,

briefly about how The Left [Die Linke] pockets themes and mixes (?)
supposedly progressive Film with critical Film:

> Subject: "[...] Berlin fuer Alle" ["Berlin for All"]

> Die linke Kinonacht [The left Cinema Night]

> Grosser Saal [Big Hall]

> [...]

> 20 Uhr Podiumsdiskussion mit Gregor Gysi und Carola Bluhm
> 22.00 Uhr "Sinfonie der Grossstadt" – Schwarz-weisz-Film von Walter
> Ruttmann [1927] begleitet vom Berliner Elektronik-Musik-Duo Tronthaim

> [20 h Panel Discussion with Gregor Gysi and Carola Bluhm (high rank
> members of Die Linke Party)
> 22.00 h "Symphony of a Metropolis" - Directed by Walter Ruttmann
> (1927) accompanied by the Berlin Electronic Music Duo Tronthaim]

A movie that stylizes and sterilises the 'life' of a big city to a
sequential rhythm section and makes all phenomenons of the Weimar
Republic Capital equal, from clerk to boss it's all cut and falling in
the same step.

Because ...

> Kleines Kino [Small Cinema]

> 23.15 Uhr "Kuhle Wampe oder Wem gehoert die Welt" – Film von Slatan
> Dudow [1932]

> [23.15 h "Kuhle Wampe or Who owns the world" - Directed by Slatan Dudow
> (1932)]

... who owns the world? Who owns the street and your fucking iPad?
Certainly not you.

And this party tries to get back on the track of being a party for the
civitas they have sold to the image of a Red Devil -- hence the  N e w
Social Democratic Party of Germany. Their slogan is: Berlin is a Boom
Town, everyone should have share in it. This party withdraws to the
cake and leaves the bakery to whom?

Who made the city? I mean, who made _the city_ not the image of the
city? "Berlin for All" for The Left means distribution of the city as an
image and not the questioning of the conditions and circumstances.

> EINTRITT FREI! [Free Entrance]
> Freitag, 16.09.11 [Friday, September 16, 2011]
> KINO Babylon [Cinema Babylon]
> Rosa-Luxemburg-Str. 30
> 10178 BERLIN [Germany]

When the redchannels.org people visited Berlin in Summer 2011, they and
a group that gathered around them went to the Mueggelsee, a fine lake
and attraction for leisure activities in Berlin to see the place _Kuhle
Wampe_ was shot. And they found ... nothing. Without clear ideas about
what is really (not fancied!) happening in this town they left.

_Kuhle Wampe_ was also entitled _Whither Germany?_ for a screening in
New York in 1934. But to conclude, the Cool Pot [Kuhle Wampe] in hot
summer time is over as the water becomes to cold now in autumn. And the
pathways to the representative image are ruling against the imaging and
imaginary deconstruction of structures of representation now in the time
of the election campaign in Germany's Capital Big Town, the "FAT B."
["DICKES B."]. A leftist Trademark taken from Seeed and Pop-Rapper Peter
Fox who dreams of his own "Lake House" (2008). BTW which lake, the
Mueggelsee or the Wannsee?

Since I was thinking about the difference of the context of these two
lakes in Berlin as "rich" and "poor" it becomes more vivid (sic!) that
'it' is maybe not about "RESURRECTING A REVOLUTIONARY CINEMA" but the
first half of the sentence without the focus on the adjectified name of
a medium.

Xaver Schulz