[spectre] Lorna MIlls at the WAG - The Widget Art Gallery

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:35:50 CEST 2011

Dear friends,

I'm glad to share with you the Lorna Mills exhibition, at the WAG -
Widget Art Gallery for IPhone and IPad. From Oct. 07 til Nov. 07-2011.

Hope you'll enjoy it, Kind Regards, Chiara

About the exhibition: 'Operatic Narcoleptic'

Making found gif collages is akin to entering a gargantuan stream of
moving images, extracting dynamic pieces that are sexy, violent,
poignant, & hilarious and repurposing them for my own mysterious
needs.  I can lay claim to the choices and juxtapositions I make, as
well as the distortions and alterations, but not to the sources
themselves. Those are generally extracted from news footage, nature
broadcasts, youTube uploads, Hollywood movie footage etc.  It's sort
of like an art of participation that illuminates to me how I define
myself as an artist, making images amongst many many image producers
that don't necessarily position themselves as artists, (yet manage to
engage me fully with their creations.)

About the WAG:

The “WAG” is nano virtual gallery-room I developed for IPhone, IPod
Touch and I Pad. Every month, directly on your mobile, The “WAG” hosts
a solo digital art exhibition related to the dynamic site-specific
contest. For IPhone and IPod touch, just copy this url
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag/mobile/ in Safari and choose: “add to
home” and The WAG's icon will be saved on your IPhone. Do the same for
IPad but pasting this other URL:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/, or download the widget
version for Mac osx dashboard at:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/publicart.html

PS. For who already has the WAG for the Dashboard! Please, download
and install it again at: http://www.chiarapassa.it/publicart.html
because I've update the widget's feed.

--
Chiara Passa - new media artist