[spectre] The Oil Show, HMKV Dortmund, 12.11.2011 - 19.02.2012

Arns HMKV Inke inke.arns at hmkv.de
Thu Nov 17 20:52:20 CET 2011

Dear Spectres,

last weekend, the exhibition THE OIL SHOW opened. An exhibition guide is available which contains not only short descriptions of the works in the exhibition but also the film programme (every Friday at 20:00 in the exhibition). You can download it via our website.

The exhibition catalogue will be published by mid-December 2011.

We look forward to seeing you soon (again)!

All the best,
Inke Arns

----------------------------

THE OIL SHOW
HMKV at the Dortmunder U
12 November 2011 — 19 February 2012

We have reached Peak Oil – the maximum capacity of global crude oil extraction and production. After Peak Oil, the total global oil production cannot be increased. In the future, demand will always exceed supply. The global struggle for resources will intensify. Despite this our dependency on oil is growing further. We cannot, or do not seem to want to do without oil. We are seriously dependent.

The works in the exhibition deal with our dependency on oil and the economic, political, and social entanglements and consequences of this growing dependency.

With works by: Ursula Biemann (CH), Christian von Borries (DE), Mark Boulos (US), Heath Bunting (UK), Bureau d'Etudes (FR), The Centre for Land Use Interpretation (US), Chto Delat? (RU), Carl Michael von Hausswolff & Thomas Nordanstad (SE), Werner Herzog (DE), Mark Lombardi (US), Michael Mandiberg (US), George Osodi (NG), Natascha Sadr Haghighian (DE/IR), UBERMORGEN.COM (AT/CH), and others

THE OIL SHOW
HMKV at the Dortmunder U
12 November 2011 — 19 February 2012

Curated by:
Inke Arns, Artistic director of HMKV

Venue:
Hartware MedienKunstVerein im
Dortmunder U, 3. Etage
Leonie-Reygers-Terrasse
44137 Dortmund

Partner 2011:
Kunststiftung NRW
JUMP - Jahresförderpreis für Kunstvereine der Kunststiftung NRW 2011

Main funders of HMKV:
Kulturbüro Stadt Dortmund
Ministerium für Familie, Kinder, Jugend, Kultur und Sport des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
Sparkasse Dortmund
DSW21

Generously supported by:
Botschaft des Königreichs der Niederlande
Pro Helvetia, Schweizer Kulturstiftung

Media partner:
ARTE Creative creative.arte.tv
De:Bug

------------------
Dr. Inke Arns
Artistic Director
Hartware MedienKunstVerein (HMKV)
Hoher Wall 15 (office)
44137 Dortmund, Germany
T + 49 - 231 - 496642-0 (direct line -11)
F + 49 - 231 - 496642-29
inke.arns at hmkv.de
www.hmkv.de

Industrial on Tour in Gdansk, Tarnów, Kraków, Bytom and Lodz
http://hmkv-dortmund.blogspot.com/, 27 Sept - 9 Oct 2011

The Oil Show, curated by Inke Arns
HMKV at the Dortmunder U, 12 Nov 2011 - 19 Feb 2012