[spectre] Recent interviews, reviews & articles on Furtherfield | art, technology & social change...

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Nov 16 17:25:19 CET 2011

Sorry for any cross posting...

Recent interviews, reviews & articles on Furtherfield | art, technology
& social change...

Image essay on 'Training for a Better World'. By Michael Szpakowski.

"On 28th October 2011 I travelled to Sète in the South of France to see
and to review Annie Abrahams' show Training for a Better World. About
half way through the evening I started both photographing and sketching
as aides-memoire for my reviews but I soon began to enjoy the feeling of
responding to the work for its own sake and I began to think about about
presenting the drawings and photographs (plus some drawings made from
the photos two days later, as well as a couple of manipulated photos) as
a kind of photo-essay/derivative work."
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/image-essay-training-better-world

Global Positioning: An Interview with Ricardo Dominguez. By Lawrence Bird.

Lawrence Bird interviews Ricardo Dominguez about The Transborder
Immigrant Tool (TBT), a hand-held device to aid crossers of the
Mexico-US border. A project created by the University of California at
San Diego’s Electronic Disturbance Theater (EDT) 2.0/b.a.n.g. lab, and
still evolving today. It includes input from other members of the
collective: Brett Stalbaum, Micha Cardenas, Amy Sara Carroll and Elle
Mehrmand.
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/interviews/global-positioning-interview-ricardo-dominguez

Face-to-facebook: Disrupting Monopolism. By Elin Ahlberg.

Elin Ahlberg reviews 'Face to facebook' by Italian artists Paolo Cirio
and Alessandro Ludovico. It was the Final project of a series of three
called 'Tha Hacking Monopolism Triology'. The 'Face to facebook' project
was to steal 1 million facebook profiles and re-contextualize them on a
custom made dating website (lovely-faces.com).
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/face-facebook-disrupting-monopolism

Pox: Save the People. An interview with Mary Flanagan. By Emilie Giles -
03/10/2011

Emilie Giles interviews artist Mary Flanagan about Tiltfactor's latest
social game, Pox: Save the People. A new board game challenging 1-4
players to stop the spread of a deadly disease. The Tiltfactor
Laboratory is a conceptual design lab that researches, designs,
launches, and publishes games and interactive experiences related to
technology and human values.
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/interviews/pox-save-people-interview-mary-flanagan

More info & other interviews, reviews & articles on Furtherfield here:
http://www.furtherfield.org/features

www.furtherfield.org