[spectre] Image essay on 'Training for a Better World'.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Nov 10 15:40:26 CET 2011

Image essay on 'Training for a Better World'.

By Michael Szpakowski.

"On 28th October 2011 I travelled to Sète in the South of France to see
and to review Annie Abrahams' show Training for a Better World. About
half way through the evening I started both photographing and sketching
as aides-memoire for my reviews but I soon began to enjoy the feeling of
responding to the work for its own sake and I began to think about about
presenting the drawings and photographs (plus some drawings made from
the photos two days later, as well as a couple of manipulated photos) as
a kind of photo-essay/derivative work."

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/image-essay-training-better-world