[spectre] INTERRUPTIONS #6. Ontology of vibration: economics, music and number, a podcast by Marcus Schmickler

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:21:50 CET 2011

*INTERRUPTIONS #6. Ontology of vibration: economics, music and number
*
*Curated by Marcus Schmickler*

*Link: http://bit.ly/trdz4R
*
Is it possible to approach developments in music by its relationships with
money? Can we gain insight into societies by means of their relationship to
music? Music serves as a mirror, as a prophecy for society because it
reflects developments faster than anything that materializes.

There is an obvious simultaneity between music and economical developments,
between music and mathematics and between mathematical and economical
relationships. How better could we navigate through these dichotomies than
through number, their common foundation? Ultimately, while we look at the
connections between both number and music, how does music and its matter,
frequency, correspond to (an ontology of) number? This mix revises some of
the more recent musical works explicitly drawing from mathematics and
number.

Related info: http://bit.ly/v8q4UL
<http://bit.ly/v8q4UL>More Interruptions here: http://bit.ly/jsNf8e
Follow us at: http://twitter.com/Radio_Web_MACBA