[spectre] OUT NOW: Random + In My Computer # 1

Domenico Quaranta qrndnc at yahoo.it
Tue May 31 18:39:47 CEST 2011

Valentina Tanni, Random, LINK Editions, Brescia 2011.
Soft cover, 114 pages, Italian / English, € 12.00, ISBN:
978-1-4477-1182-7

Miltos Manetas, In My Computer, LINK Editions, Brescia 2011.
Soft cover, 102 pages, English, € 12.00, ISBN: 978-1-4477-1939-7

Buy / Download - http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/linkeditions

The LINK Center for the Arts of the Information Age is proud to
announce the publication of two new books: Random, by Valentina Tanni,
and In My Computer, by Miltos Manetas. Like the first book produced by
LINK Editions (In Your Computer, by Domenico Quaranta), they have been
published with the Print on Demand service Lulu.com, and they are
available for free download in pdf format and for sale in paper
format. With this approach, the LINK Center wants to translate into a
massive, fast and accessible editorial activity the key elements of
its peculiar vision: accessibility of tools, free circulation of
information, international audience.

Random, by Valentina Tanni, wants to celebrate the ten years of an
online magazine that became part of the history of contemporary art
publishing in Italy. Born in 2001, Random Magazine evolved in the
following years into the main information platform about art and new
technologies available in Italy. The book collects a wide selection of
news, together with a smaller selection of articles and reviews that
document the pioneering critical activity developed by its author
along the same years. As Valentina Tanni writes in the introduction:
«This book came unexpected. It appeared suddenly, just like
necessities do. More than a book, it’s a record, an historical
document. It brings together a series of heterogeneous texts written
during ten years of study, research and dissemination. If I had to
pick up a definition, I would say it’s a fragmentary chronicle of the
origins of my own passion for new media art.»

In My Computer, by artist Miltos Manetas, is a collection of essays,
interviews, short tales, parables, e-mails and drafts by its author.
Written between 1997 and 2011, some of these texts are widely known,
many others are unpublished, and just came out of his computer. All of
them contribute to portray a personality who had a strong influence on
younger generations of artists, thanks to his impressive body of work
- including paintings, videos, installations, prints, performances
and, last but not least, websites - but also to his writings.
Manetas' book is the first of a series of artists' writings:
“notebooks” sharing the same title (In My Computer) and the same
concept, being collections of widely known and unpublished texts,
spare fragments and private writings.

Valentina Tanni (www.valentinatanni.com) is an art critic, curator and
lecturer. She is mainly interested in new media art and multimedia
publishing. She is currently a member of Artribune’s editorial staff.
Miltos Manetas (www.manetas.com) is a Greek artist currently living
and working in Rome, Italy. He is the founder of Neen, an art movement
whose name has been commissioned to a branding company in order to
describe the art of the information age.

The LINK Center for the Arts of the Information Age is a multi-
functional center promoting artistic research with new technologies
and critical reflections on the core issues of the information age: it
organizes workshops, seminars, conferences and shows, publishes books,
forges partnerships with private and institutional partners and
networks with similar organizations worldwide. For more information: http://www.linkartcenter.eu/

---

Domenico Quaranta

web. http://domenicoquaranta.com/