[spectre] The McLuhan Centenary in Hungary

stephen kovats kovats at transmediale.de
Fri May 20 23:47:43 CEST 2011

Hi Nina,

great program! really liked the initiative for the mcluhan wikisprint ... this could be an excellent springboard to look more closely at mcluhan's reception in the former 'east bloc' at the height of the cold war when he was most active.

we'll help launch the 'Massage McLuhan Remix Competition 2011' at the upcoming 'Re-Touching McLuhan' centennial event at the Canadian Embassy in Berlin May 27th, when we host DJ Spooky who will be launching the first digitally re-mastered version of the original 1968 audio recording of The Medium is the Massage'  http://mcluhan2011.eu/berlin

cheers,

Stephen

Massage McLuhan Remix Competition 2011
A Kitchen Budapest initiated competition for musicians, dj's, artists, whom with their remix will re-interpret the work of Marshall McLuhan

On 20.05.2011, at 15:13, Elinor Nina Czegledy wrote:

> Dear Spectrites,
>
> please find in the following  the updated list of
> The McLuhan Centenary in Hungary events, part of the
> Marshall McLuhan in Europe2011 project.
>
> best regards
>
> nina czegledy
>

> The McLuhan Centenary in Hungary
> http://mcluhan100.kibu.hu/?lang=en
>
> Research on the use of the moving image
> March - May 2011, Kitchen Budapest
> Including research with kids, seniors. Video- Ethnographic Research
>
> Global - local - Janus Faces in the World of Communication. Discussion
> April 10, 2011, Trafó - House of Contemporary Art
> Experts: Péter Uj, Index, editor in chief, Balázs Weyer, Origo, editor in chief, Balázs Bodó, Media Education and Research Center, Krisztina Rozgonyi, NHH, former director, Akos Balogh, Mandiner, editor in chief. Lead: Olga Kálmán. Organized by Kitchen Budapest
>
> Mcluhan wikisprint with Kitchen Budapest
> April 2-3, 2011, Kunsthalle, Budapest
> Collaborative development of the Hungarian Wikipedia article about Marshall McLuhan organized by Kitchen Budapest within the framework of the ?No One Belongs Here More Than You? exhibition held between March 25-April 23, 2011
>
> Round Table Discussion ?If everything would go so smooth?
> April 21st 2011 at 18.00, Kunsthalle, Budapest - linked to wikisprint with the participation of
> Pogonyi Szabolcs, PhD, ELTE, Department of Philosophy, Doctoral Studies, Faculty Social Sciences, Lehman Miklós PhD, ELTE, Faculty of Social Sciences, Havasréti  József, University of Pecs, Communication and Mdia Studies Department, Stephen Kovats, director, Marshal McLuhan in Eruope, 2011 Moderated by Nina Czegledy, KMDI, University of Toronto, Hungarian University of Fine Arts
>
> Workshops at the Ludwig Museum
> April- May 2011
> Including: Family Mornings, Integrated Family Mornings, Pedagogy Afternoon, Senior Program and Thematic Day Camp.
> An exhibition of the workshop results to be shown in July in the Labor Gallery, Budapest
>
> Round Table Discussion.
> May 3, 2011, Ludwig Museum
> Invited speaker: Sebok Zoltan, writer, philosopher, moderated by Nina Czegledy
>
> Massage McLuhan Remix Competition 2011
> A Kitchen Budapest initiated competition for musicians, dj's, artists, whom with their remix will re-interpret the work of Marshall McLuhan
>
> Collective Action by the Students of the Intermedia Department and their Guests Dedicated to Marshall McLuhan Budapest
> November 22, 2011,Intermedia Department, Hungarian University of Fine Arts
>
> McLuhan's Messages for Contemporary Communication and Media Research Conference
> November 11, 2011, Department of Media and Communications, Eotvos Lorand University
> Organized by Associate Professors András Müllner, Ferenc Hammer, Professor Péter György

Initiator / Director
McLuhan in Europe 2011 Network
RE-TOUCHING McLUHAN
http://mcluhan2011.eu/berlin
#mcluhan2011eu
Berlin Centennial Weekend | 27 - 29 May 2011
Marshall McLuhan Salon | Embassy of Canada

kovats at mcluhan2011.eu
http://mcluhan2011.eu
twitter.com/mcluhan2011eu
facebook.com/mcluhan2011eu