[spectre] PiXXXeL in Amsterdam on 4th April 15:00 @ NIMk

Jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Tue Mar 22 18:03:44 CET 2011

     http://PiXXXeL.net - made in Am★dam (and beyond…)

At PiXXXeL we focus on free and open source software practices, 360
degrees! and with direct participations of developers and pioneers
living around or, as in this case, passing by the city of Amsterdam.

More precisely you'll find us in Keizersgracht 264 at http://nimk.nl

This mail announces our 3rd appointment of a regular series we are
organizing during 2011 and this time we'll focus on... MONEY :)
old media that can use a bit of an update - so free software
developers are busy on it and there is some interesting running code
to look at.

Bitcoin is a digital currency created in 2009, whose use online has
grown during 2010 and is booming just as we are talking.

     http://pixxxel.net/bitcoin-digital-currency

We'll have a presentation of this technology by an experienced nomadic
developer and bitcoin expert: Genjix - who is also a developer of free
software solutions based on Blender and Crystal Space.

Then we'll proceed with a Q&A session and a critical overview of the
limits and, arguably, things that can be made better in Bitcoin, as
well things that go wrong.

You are all invited to be with us and brainstorm openly, but please
register your presence with a mail to ilse at nimk.nl so that we can be
sure we'll accomodate everyone at NIMk.

Here some links to know more what we are talking about:

     http://www.bitcoin.org

     http://genjix.freehostia.com

     http://bitcoincharts.com/markets

     http://www.silkroadmarket.org