[spectre] orbitando satelítes / orbiting satellites 10-14.05.11 @ LABoral

pedro pedruski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:10:43 CET 2011

>From the 10th to the 14th of May 2011 the Plataforma Cero of LABoral
welcomes an international meeting to critically and artistically
investigate satellites, that fundamental, though often occult, sign of
our times.

▪    Politics and Poetics of satélites. MSST, Joanna Griffin, Reni Hoffmuller ….
▪    de/Construction of a satélite. David Pello.
▪    Listening, Spotting y Sousveillance. Alejo Duque.

Deadline for applications : 18.04.11. Attendance is free, space limited.
Email to p0[at]laboralcentrodearte.org a CV and letter stating your interest.

"Galileo collapsed Geocentricity but this has been reconstructed
through the unstoppable and insatiable ambition for connectivity that
is today represented by the ring of artifical geostationary
satellites. The Earth thus re-becomes an immobile object in the middle
of a spinning "universe"." Mathurin Milan

Orbitando Satélites proposes an exercise in the visibilisation and
investigation of these "rarae aves" that operate in habitually
imperceptible frequencies and distances. We listen to them with DIY
antenas and radios, showing how to locate them and observe them with
free hardware and software.

In the tradition of the independent groups involved in the creation of
free/libre infrastructures the meeting unites amateurs and experts,
from various countries and cultures, to develop a declaration which
poetically sketches this occult ring that surrounds us.

Trying to invert the logic of the panopticum, we observe the satelites
that are observing us, exploring their political dimensions as an
opaque system of control as well as a potentially liberating force.
Using visualisation and play techniques we investigate the poetics of
satelites, developing new astrologies and detailled mythologies.

And, finally, we design our own communications / observation satelite,
to be launched in July 2011 by balloon, around the same time as the
inauguration of the exhibition which will visualise our investigation.

Some key themes and topics :

▪    Satélites and micro-satélites.
▪    Dispositives of power y contra-power.
▪    Listening to satélites. Satellite Hacking,
▪    The Astrology y Astronomy of satélites
▪    Celestial voices, Satelite soundart
▪    Design of open source satelite with radio & wimax
▪    Estratoferic baloons, Drones and Kites
▪    Arduino in space.
▪    Space politics.
▪    Satélite Tracking and Radiofrequencies
▪    GNU/Radio USRP Software Defined Radio
▪    Calculating & charting celestial mechanics
▪    Orbital Dreams
▪    …...

+ info in : http://plataformacero.cc

LABoral centro de arte