[spectre] OPEN CALL "INSTRUCTION MANUAL" DIY Products

Therese Schuleit tschuleit at gmx.net
Mon Jul 18 16:03:02 CEST 2011

please distribute!

Open Call for Video Tutorials and printed Grafics

"instruction manual"
@OpenSource Festival, Düsseldorf, 23. Juli 2011

For this years open video call we are  inquisitively  looking for any kind of instruction manuals, in print and video.

"Instruction manual" calls for experimental videos and print grafics (b/w), stubborn ideas and insights concerning DIY products and processes.
Similar to our previous calls, we encourage fatchance operations, only this time we want to know "how to?".
Wether it is a narration or an experiment or an actual tutorial about a poetic idea, an actual process or a product. Send it in.

extended Deadline: 18th. July
Format: quicktime encoded video (link for download), compression H264 (preferably), and/or vectorised instruction manual for printout in b/w
+ Name of the author, short description

We will show the videos and the b/w printed instruction manuals at the Open Source Festival in our betting cabinet on the horse track, Düsseldorf
and they will be part of an ongoing research project as part of Import/Export/ Vorort, a five month local project ofwww.muehlenkampf.de in a small gardentown in Düsseldorf.
This project researches the possibilities of alternative products and the nature of open source and DIWO local production and will be launched 22. July.

We are also happy to connect to similar projects in other towns and from other collectives.

Mühlenkampf seeks collective strategies to constantly redesign social environments, criticism and creative exploration of existing structures. We carry out projects based on a growing but solid core of participants that expand, create and communicate deeds of urban and social actions, language and perception.
www.muehlenkampf.de  (for past calls refer: www.elektronentoto.mobi/fatchance)

This call is supported by Kulturamt Düsseldorf, Partners: Open Source Festival, Düsseldorf, GarART garart-vivarte.org