[spectre] Spectral Influence exhibition by Will Schrimshaw

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:00:56 CET 2011

Spectral Influence
Preview in the Access Space foyer on Friday 28th Jan, 5.50-8.00pm
Exhibition runs until the 5th March 2011, 11am-7pm, Tues-Sat.

ACCESS SPACE, AVEC Building, 3-7  Sidney St, Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK

Sound artist Will Schrimshaw is our Artist in Residence throughout January.
His project, Spectral Influence, aims to explore the way in which the
noises and lighting of the
cities we occupy influence our movements and emotional relations with
urban space and the
others we share this space with.
Artist talk this Friday 21 Jan, 4pm
Come to Access Space and participate in the project this and next week.

Urban environments constantly emit vibrational forces that affect the
bodies of their occupants,
whether these be auditory or electromagnetic forces, asserting a
subliminal influence upon the
movements, physiological and emotional states of citizens. In response
to these diverse vibrational
influences, a spectral mapping of the city is being carried out in
relation to the human bodies that
populate it and move throughout it. Spectral Influence aims to
establish a speculative and roaming
research environment through artistic practice and the use of 'open
source' tools, insinuating itself
into the city and charting the invisible yet influential components of
the landscape.

Facebook event http://tinyurl.com/6g4fy6g

http://willschrimshaw.net/

--