[spectre] any news on the revolutions?

Alexandre Castonguay acastonguay at artengine.ca
Mon Feb 28 15:56:03 CET 2011

Hi all,

I don't know if Yves is on this this list but he posted this on the
Piksel list on February 3rd. It is worth remembering the loss of Ahmad
Bassyouni as well as all the other lives that were cut short.

http://kulturterrorismus.de/news/rip-ahmed-basiony.html

Re: [piksel] brutal death interrupt
(from ydegoyon at gmail.com)

last location: tahrir square, Cairo
lookup... moving to: final destination : tahrir square, Cairo
some trips are short and some lives too...  young egyptian artist&
lecturer Ahmad Bassyouni was killed by
sniper-fire in Cairo on Friday, confirmed today, after been reported
missing...the civilians supporting the regime, mostly police forces
in disguise, civilians carrying guns as in a free regime
where 'everybody is equal but some are more equal than others'
didn't appreciate maybe his naive sense of humor :
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/basiony.jpg
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/basiony-2.jpg
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/basiony-3.jpg
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/basiony-4.jpg
so, our project about writing a book about
computers, open source and arabic tradition is just cancelled.. that's
the news.

Also :