[spectre] V2_Newsletter May 2011

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed Apr 27 14:38:41 CEST 2011

*V2_Newsletter May 2011*

www.v2.nl
V2_ is also on Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/V2unstable> and Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/V2unstable>

*
<http://www.v2.nl/events/sentient-city-book-launch>**Sentient City Book
Launch: /The Future of Urban Space/*

May 14, 19:30, Eendrachtsstraat 10

Admission: 4 EUR (free for InDeSem participants)

Our cities are "smart" and getting smarter, as information processing
capability is embedded throughout the urban environment. /Sentient City/
(MIT press) explores the experience of living in a city that uses
networked digital technologies to remember, correlate, and anticipate.
With Mark Shepard and Martijn de Waal, and Michiel de Lange.

http://www.v2.nl/events/sentient-city-book-launch

**

*
Test_Lab: /Clothing Without Cloth/*

May 26, 20:00, Eendrachtsstraat 10

Admission: free

A new Test_Lab --curated by Valerie Lamontagne --on material
explorations in the field of fashion & technology. Witness Emily Crane
prepare molecular cuisine 'garments' in front of your very eyes; probe
the speculative designs of Central Saint Martins' Textile Futures
ateliers with MA course director Carole Collet; join Christien
Meindertsma to question what happens when you harvest wool from your own
flock of sheep to then computationally knit your sweater and many, many
more...

This event will be streamed live at http://live.v2.nl

Send us your tweets during the event: #V2_

http://www.v2.nl/events/clothing-without-cloth

*
*

*Plone/Python Website Developer*

Deadline for applications: May 19, 2011

V2_ is immediately seeking a Plone website developer to join our web
team for two days (15.2 hours) a week.V2_ developed the website
www.v2.nl using the Plone CMS, within which we have developed our own
open source modules. The website serves as an archive and a platform for
communicating news and programming information. It will be the
developer's job to maintain (upgrade) the website system and develop
small applications.

Full text:

http://www.v2.nl/organization/working-at-v2/plone-website-developer

*