[spectre] Ai Weiwei, Knoxville Museum of Art

Chris Molinski cmolinski at knoxart.org
Thu Apr 21 19:52:09 CEST 2011

Dear Friends,

Earlier today, TIME Magazine officially announced Ai Weiwei as one of the TIME 100 "most influential people in the world." We are proud to announce that "Ai Weiwei: Dropping the Urn," the first solo exhibition of work by this important artist to travel outside of New York in the United States, will open at the Knoxville Museum of Art on May 13, 2011.

Please visit the KMA website to learn more about this exhibition, organized by Arcadia University Art Gallery, curated by Richard Torchia and Gregg Moore:

http://knoxart.org/exhibitions/Ai_Weiwei/

We will be in touch soon with more information about this exhibition and "Anne Wilson: Local Industry," the first exhibition of the "Local Industry Cloth," also on view at the KMA May 13 through August 7, 2011

Please join us at the Knoxville Museum of Art the evening of May 12, 5:30-7:30pm, for a public reception to celebrate this important event.

All best,
Chris Molinski

Associate Curator for Education
Knoxville Museum of Art