[spectre] V2_ is looking for a Plone/Python developer

Alex Adriaansens alex at v2.nl
Tue Apr 19 15:32:04 CEST 2011

V2_ is looking for a Plone/Python developer

@V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media - Rotterdam Area, Netherlands - www.V2.nl

Job Description
V2_ developed the website www.v2.nl using the Plone CMS, within which we have developed our own open source modules. The website serves as an archive and platform to communicate and interact with our target groups, and to communicate our activities. It will be the developer’s job to develop further applications and maintain (upgrade) the website system.

In addition to its own website, V2_ develops websites on a semiregular basis for art and cultural projects in which we collaborate with other parties. So far, most of these have been implemented in PHP. Development and maintenance of these websites will also be part of the website developer’s job.

This position is part time (two days/15.2 hours a week) and will begin immediately. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.

Desired Skills & Experience
• At least an HBO (tertiary vocational education) level of technical knowledge;
	• Knowledge and experience of Zope/Plone and PHP;
	• Strong affinity with open source software and tools;
	• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
	• Good ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
	• Good command of Dutch and English;
	• Affinity with the arts sector.

Company Description
V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media, founded in 1981, is an interdisciplinary center for art and media technology in Rotterdam (the Netherlands). V2_ is doing research at the interface of art, technology and society. V2_ presents, produces, archives and publishes about contemporary artistic productions within the context of our technological culture. V2_ offers a platform where artists, scientists, developers of software and hardware, researchers and theorists from various disciplines can share their findings. In V2_'s view, art and culture play an essential role in the social embedment of and attitude towards our technological culture.

Contact
Joris van Ballegooijen
email: joris[at]v2.nl