[spectre] Access Space Artist Residencies Spring 2011- Open Call

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:50:50 CEST 2010

*Access Space Artist Residencies Spring 2011*

Open Call

We have two 15 day artist residency periods at Access Space to take place
from January to April 2011 and are inviting artists, composers, hackers,
designers, engineers and creative technologists to apply.

Based in Sheffield city centre, Access Space is the UK's longest running
open access media lab.
We use Open Source Software and recycled computers to develop creativity,
community, skills and resourcefulness.
We're a place for skill sharing, artistic endeavour, creative expression and
collective knowledge.

The Access Space arts programme is designed to promote themes of Openness,
including (but not limited to) Open Source, participation, collaboration,
open networks and the public realm.

The ideal resident will be willing to explore one or more of these themes
and we are particularly interested in socially engaged projects or projects
which seek to utilise public space in the city.
However, we are always open to interesting ideas wherever they come from,
including those exploring art's edges and permeable boundaries.

Each residency period has a bursary of 1500 GBP.

To for more info and to download an application form visit:

http://www.access-space.org/arts/AiR_Spring_2011.htm

The deadline is 5pm on Friday 22nd of October 2010.

--
Cheers,
Jake
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<
Jake Harries
Digital Arts Programme Manager
ACCESS SPACE
Unit 1, AVEC Building
3-7  Sidney St
Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK
t: +44 (0) 114 249 5522
w: www.access-space.org
Reg. Charity 1103837
Supported by the National Lottery through the Arts Council England.
http://loss.access-space.org/