[spectre] WIKITOPIA - Live webcast online NOW!

Alvis Choi, Videotage alvis at videotage.org.hk
Sat Sep 18 07:42:10 CEST 2010

WIKITOPIA
http://www.videotage.org.hk/wikitopia
Presented by Videotage
The First Tinyfest on Collaborative Future in Hong Kong
11-19 September 2010

For those who are not in HK: you can now watch WIKITOPIA online!
and we mean NOW! (and tomorrow)

Here is the link:
http://youth-online.com/wikitopia/live/live.php

*Schedule* (HK TIME: GMT+8:00)
18th (Sat)/ 11:00am-12:30pm — Opening Speech & Keynote Speech 1
“The Principle of Reciprocity”
Speaker: Dr. Hector Rodriguez (HK)

18th (Sat)/ 12:30pm-2:00pm — Panel Discussion 1 – Do It With Others (DIWO)
Speakers: Kika Nicolela (BR), Ignacio Garcia (ES), Keith Lam (HK), Jehan Chu
(HK)
Moderated by Dr. Hector Rodriguez (HK)

19th (Sun)/ 11:00am-12:30pm — Keynote Speech 2
“The Possibilities and Limitations of Open Content”
Speaker: Prof. Wendy Hui Kyong Chun (US)

19th (Sun)/ 2:00pm-3:30pm — Panel Discussion 2 – Open It Up
Speakers: Jon Cates (US), Phoebe Wong (HK), Zheng Weimin (CN)
moderated by Robin Peckham (HK)

19th (Sun)/ 3:30pm-5:00pm — Panel Discussion 3 – Free For All
Speakers: Henry Oh (US), Charles Mok (HK), Ger Choi (HK), moddr_ (NL)
moderated by Ellen Pau (HK)

Special thanks to our sponsor Smart Streaming for covering this!

Videotage is proud to present *WIKITOPIA*, the first TinyFest on
collaborative future in Hong Kong from 11 to 19 September 2010. Co-organized
by the School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong and supported
by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council and the Centre for Creative and
Performing Arts, HKU SPACE, *WIKITOPIA* aims to raise the public awareness
for various concepts in the expanded *Free Culture* movement such as
knowledge sharing, networked creativity, and most importantly the
collaborative future. We will explore how we as engaged human beings, by
acknowledging and utilizing these concepts growing from the technological
world and entering the creative realm, envision a new utopia, opening up a
new possibility for our way of working, thinking, and, ultimately, living.
Technology is not about computers but us. We believe new media is not just a
medium, but as well the spirit to shape our future, our world. It is only
human that would possibly make a collaborative future; it is only you and me
(not your machines) who would possibly create a Wikitopia for all of us!

Wikitopia will be the focal point for artists, ICT/media activist, thinkers,
curators, writers and curious-minded observers for a diverse programme of
keynotes, panel discussions, workshops, screenings and performances at
various venues in Hong Kong.