[spectre] Call for Artists : Screengrab 2010 : New Media Arts Prize

Mitch Goodwin screenculture at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 06:35:57 CEST 2010

 Entries closing soon for the 2010 Award!

  -o- Deadline : Friday September 24 -o-

     -o- 2010 Theme : The Network -o-
   _   _  _   _  _       _   _   _   _
  {_  |  |_] |_ |_ |\ | | _ |_] |_| |_]
   _} |_ | \ |_ |_ | \| |_| | \ | | |_]

     "The Network will be visualised"

   http://www.jcu.edu.au/soca/screengrab<https://mail.jcu.edu.au/wm/mail/fetch.html?urlid=g031e62188220d136f042e2aadd2a4d67dkihep9l8l&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jcu.edu.au%2Fsoca%2Fscreengrab>

The Synopsis :

Increasingly we live in a world which is marked by boundaries and
difference. Our actions are categorised and labeled for reference, sign
posting and evaluation. The Network breathes and crackles between these
spaces, it makes the virtual tangible.

The Network overcomes these boundaries by supporting difference, tolerance
and equity between individuals, machines and their actions. The Network is a
production tool for artisans, a calibrating tool for media communicators and
an ecological template for our continued survival and reinvention. It is as
much a social mechanism as it is a cultural barometer for these plugged in
data intensive times.

The Call Out :

SCREENGRAB is now entering its second year with an international call out
for the AUS$2000 New Media Arts Prize and the companion exhibition in
October for short listed applicants. We invite digital practitioners working
in screen based media to submit works on the theme of THE NETWORK.

All forms of screen based media are encouraged including multi-channel
video, digital illustration, audio sculpture, photography, generative media,
2D & 3D animation.

Existing worx and those specifically designed for the award must address the
theme of THE NETWORK to be eligible for the New Media Arts award.

Prize Money:  AUS $2000

Artefact Deadline:  24-09-10

Exhibition Opening & Award announcement : 15-10-10

Application Form :
http://www.jcu.edu.au/soca/screengrab<https://mail.jcu.edu.au/wm/mail/fetch.html?urlid=g031e62188220d136f042e2aadd2a4d67dkihep9l8l&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jcu.edu.au%2Fsoca%2Fscreengrab>

All inquiries : screengrab at jcu.edu.au / +61 74781 3142

"Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug."
- John Lithgow

This project is sponsored by James Cook University's School of Creative Arts
and the eMerge Media Space.

MG-EM-RG-2010