[spectre] TINT Arts Lab Opens its Doors for its First Season!

TINT info at tintarts.org
Tue Jun 15 22:59:51 CEST 2010

TINT is pleased to present our newly opened Arts Lab! Bringing TINT a
signifying step forward to realising our core aims in fostering a
strong, sustainable and questioning media arts community!

The TINT Arts Lab is a platform that offers invited artists a space to
present a new project in the form of a self contained blog. Its
motivation is to nurture an open and public discussion of the projects
concept,
context, development, presentation and documentation between the
artists, a core team of commentators, which include Michael Demers,
Martha King, Susan Elizabeth Ryan, Greg J. Smiths and Pau Waelder and
also the interested media arts community (that’s you!). Please don’t
shy away to express your own thoughts. Critical but fair feedback to
the artist’s projects and the arts lab in general is highly
appreciated. The arts
lab is in its first season and we see it in a beta phase.

Born out of curiosity it shall remain an open platform in constant
change. A probe that will help to learn more about media arts and its
motivations, modes of production, documentation, and reception in an
age of
crowd-sourced networked complexity.

Last week the Arts Lab has opened its doors, ready to run its first
season. Please join our residents in their open ended journey towards
a new piece of work:

This Belongs To by Glittermouse
Jonestown Periphery by Aaron Oldenburg
Mechanical Components by Stuart Dunbar
The Unemployed by Jody Zellen
Colour Data Processing by Lossless Processing + Error
On the Materiality of the Image by Eleana Louka
Relation Alterations by Lauren McCarthy
Virtual Assistance by Andrew Norman Wilson

Please find more information on the arts lab website: http://lab.tintarts.org
.
Keep informed of residencies new postings and comments by subscribing
to our RSS feed

About  TINT

TINT is an UK based interdisciplinary media arts organisation setup in
January 2009. Dedicated to art which is derived from, and reflects
upon the intersections of technology and
culture. As an artist run organisation our core intentions are
concerned with the support of artistic collaboration, acting as a
point of juncture for artists working within the fields of
science and technology. We assist in pursuing and establishing
collaborations with scientists, theorists, artists and other
practitioners. Our program of exhibitions, events and
residencies  support an experimentation of media and interactive arts,
encouraging audiences to participate, explore and create!

info at tintarts.org | http://tintarts.org