[spectre] Zero Dollar Laptop Workshops Update.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Feb 28 01:01:39 CET 2010

Sorry for any cross posting...

Zero Dollar Laptop Workshops Update.

Week 6. Spraying our stencils!
http://www.furtherfield.org/zerodollarlaptop/?p=246

The Zero Dollar Laptop Project aims to change the way we all think about
technology.

Workshops have been running in London since January 2010 with clients of
St Mungo’s charity for homeless people. We are recycling hardware,
breaking Windows and installing Free and Open Source Software to build
media laptops and create music, graphics and video for distribution over
the Internet. Participants will leave the project with street-smart
technical knowledge and a wireless enabled media laptop, classier than
any shiny power-book.

The Zero Dollar Laptop is a recycled computer, running Free Open Source
Software (FOSS) that is fast and effective- now and long into the future.

Artistic Team: Jake Harries and James Wallbank (Access Space) Ruth
Catlow, Marc Garrett and Olga Panades (furtherfield.org)
http://www.furtherfield.org/zerodollarlaptop